<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : What Is True?

3.15.2013

What Is True?


Yesterday's question in my five year Q&A journal stood tall and called out to my heart...

What is true?

Seems like a simple question, but all the answers you think you have for it can tangle up quickly. Somehow they seem too contrived, too cliché or just not true at all. 

I sat on that simple three-worded question for a solid five minutes. Then I found my answer. After all, it was squatting on two dimpled legs right in front of me, toothy grin and all.

Love. 

Love is the purest, truest thing I know. After being alive for a short, but incredibly full 25 years, I realize I don't know much, but I know quite a bit about love. I know it by the friendly voice at the other end of the line greeting me when I ring up my parents for a chat. I know it by my crazy family and friends sticking around even when I've been a total pain up the wahoo and walking away would have been the easy way out. I know it by the hugs Matt and I share at the end of a long work day and the fulfilled look in his eyes as he watches Luke and I goofing around and sharing our silly jokes. I know it by the surge of overwhelming joy I felt as I heard Luke's first cry upon entering our world and by the smiles, tears, belly laughs and moments we've spent simply in each other's embrace since.

Yes, love is true.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At March 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Those pictures are absolutely adorable! :)

Sara
http://sbengschayearoftransformation.blogspot.com/

 
At March 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Nicole @ Pencil Skirts and Noodle Necklaces said...

I totally agree...love is true. It can carry you through the very best times and the very worst! Have a great weekend...enjoying your loves! :)

 
At March 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

This is a beautiful post and the pictures are perfect for it :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM , Anonymous Sara said...

this is my favorite post. there is no truer feeling than love.

 
At March 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

These photos are amazing! I love them so much.

 
At March 15, 2013 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

Wholeheartedly agree. To me, the sheer love and devotion children and pets give is amazing. They put all their trust in it and you. Love the pics as well!
themurrayedlife.blogspot.com

 
At March 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Jenna DeSantis said...

Abbey

I loooove this post. What is true--this is soo right!! Family, friends, love is so special. How sweet :-)

XO Jenna
Demureindiamonds.com

 
At March 16, 2013 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Abby hes a CUTIE!!!! What a handsome little man :) They grow up so fast....enjoy him! If I could.....and have ever ending energy I love to have more and more.

http://fashion-a-holic.com

 
At March 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

how true.

love is everything.

:)

cheers .

 
At March 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM , Blogger LOR said...

Hi,
I'm actually trying to find out how to return something I ordered from your store. Every time I try to get into your shop the past few days it says it is under maintenance, and I would really like to return my item. Please let me know how to go about this. My email is thomson.le@gmail.com

Thank you!

 
At March 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

You've got to love - love! Great pictures, I want your jumper!

Sarah XxX

 
At March 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your post couldn't be any truer. Love is the truth. LOve it.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

 
At March 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Amanda English said...

Oh my what sweet pictures! so cute!!!

 
At March 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I love these pictures and this post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home