<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Lucky Green Smoothie

3.14.2013

Lucky Green Smoothie


What is more mod than juicing, blending and eating insanely healthy?

Answer: Juicing and blending a bunch of green crap (including the trendiest power food, kale) to make a St. Patrick's Day smoothie! I almost want to call it the St. Francis smoothie though, because I whipped up this bad boy as the new Pope made his first speech and blessing. 

Either way, this green drink is delish and can be enjoyed anytime of year, although this would make an especially yummy treat for St. Patty's Day morning. Oh, and bonus! This smooth is vegan and gluten-free. Come one, come all! Lucky green smoothies for all!

Ingredients:

1 mango, peeled and pitted
1/2 lime, peeled
1/2 banana
3 cups kale
2 cups spinach
8 oz unsweetened coconut milk

Directions:

Start with pouring coconut milk into the blender. Next, add the mango and banana and blend. After fruit is thoroughly blended, add kale and spinach and blend until smooth. Makes one 32 oz serving. Enjoy!

*Recipe adapted from here

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At March 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Megan Colwell said...

This is perfect - Super green! I've been juicing for a while, this would make a great addition to my routine.

<Happiest New Follower
Megan
nauticalowl.blogspot.com

 
At March 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Southern Love/ City Lights said...

Yum! I'm a big fan of the green smoothie! In fact, I'm drinking one as I type this! (However mine is a bit purple today as my blueberries overpowered my spinach and kale...)

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to definitely add this to my recipe book.

xx
Nicole

 
At March 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You should purchase a Nutribullet if you're into juicing. I recently got one and it makes things so much easier. I love how you can make a fruit drink with spinach and kale that looks green, but tastes sweet. I haven't tried banana and mango - it's on my list :)

xoLili

www.satinandscotch.com

 
At March 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I love green smoothies and juicing.

 
At March 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Abbey, this looks so good! I've seen these pinned on pinterest before, but haven't pinned any because I wanted to make sure I saved the 'right' one. Your recipe with the banana's sounds so good! Definitely will be pinning yours! After I have my baby I am going to be drinking these very often :)
Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks great! I've been looking for a good smoothie recipe...definitely going to try it out!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this smoothie. I make a similar one and it's so healthy and tastes so good.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

 
At March 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Patrícia M. said...

Great idea!

<3
http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

 
At March 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Allie said...

its so weird how something with such seemingly strange ingredients could be so tasty!! ill have to try this!

 
At March 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I have never had a green smoothie but this looks absolutely delicious.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

 
At March 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM , Blogger josie renee said...

Yum!! That looks good!

xx
josie
www.straightnochase.com

 
At March 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Alyssa said...

I love green smoothies...and this sounds super yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

 
At March 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

well that looks absolutely delicious!

 
At March 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Libby said...

Can't wait to try this.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

When do you add the lime?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home