<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: Printed Leggings

3.07.2013

Dare I DIY?: Printed Leggings


I clearly have an obsession with painting something or other on fabric. About 80% of my DIY projects I decide to dive into involve me painting something. I just can't help it. It's just so incredibly easy (and we give big, fat air high fives to piece of cake DIY projects). That's probably why I do it so much.

Remember way back a few months ago when I made Luke a triangle print onesie? Creating printed leggings has been on my to-do list since then, but I just wasn't sure how to go about it. With the graphic print legging craze for the babes going on, I finally figured out what I wanted to do and pinpointed the look I was going for. As much as I love the shops that sell printed baby leggings, we've been looking for a more affordable option. There is nothing cuter than squatty legs in trendy triangle pants, and now we have some (for $5 a pop)! Scroll on down to get the details on how to create your own printed leggings for that wee one of yours!


Materials:

-Leggings (I bought mine in the girl's section at Target... shhh, don't tell Matt!)
-Foam board
-Fabric paint in colors of your choice
-Cardboard inserts for legs and upper portion of leggings
-Paint dish
-Scissors


1) Cut out desired shapes using foam board (I usually use tape to create shapes but I learned the foam board trick here). Insert cardboard piece into each of the legs and upper portion of the leggings.


 2) Squeeze approximately 1-2 tbsp of paint onto paint dish. Dip foam cutout into paint and start stamping in desired pattern on leggings. Allow to dry for 30 minutes, then flip over and stamp the same pattern on back if so desired.

3) Repeat step 2 using different stamp cutouts and colors based on how many pairs. 

4) Allow paint to dry for at least 24 hours before washing, then wash inside out.

 

Congratulations. You now have some of those coveted, adorable printed leggings that all those cute, hip babies wear. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At March 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

We did these for my sisters little boy only we didn't use stencils! Great idea!
Style in the City

 
At March 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Kelsey Lenay said...

On top of this already being an awesome DIY, you have the most adorable baby model on your hands to show them off! :)

XO, Kelsey

 
At March 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ab.so.lute.ly. ADORABLE!!!!! I wasn't sure I trusted where this was going at first...but seeing them on Luke won me over ten fold. Bravo, lady. I applaud this stroke of genius!!! Pinned and saved for my little sweetheart due in May.

 
At March 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Jan said...

I can do this to MY leggings too ;)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At March 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Haley said...

oooo I've wanted to do this to some leggings for my littles! love your prints! And your little Luke is rocking them, what a cutie. :)

 
At March 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM , Blogger kendra may said...

so cute!

 
At March 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

These are so adorable. And what a handsome little guy that is.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Enter our Retro Designed Pencil Sharpener Giveaway

 
At March 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

perfect!

 
At March 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea! So adorable. And your boy- SO handsome! :)

 
At March 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Julie Rogers said...

SUPER cute---LOVE this idea!

Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

 
At March 8, 2013 at 6:36 AM , Blogger Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

This is such a fabulous idea! Pinning now. ;)
Isn’t That Charming.

 
At March 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice work! They turned out so cute! Love this idea.

Corbynn
thesistersinthecity.com

 
At March 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said...

they turned out so cute!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

 
At March 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

Love them!!! and that yellow and turquoise mix is great! Glad to know I'm not the only one buying leggings out of the girls section for my boy... haha Would never tell my husband though!

 
At March 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM , Blogger steph nelsen said...

great idea!

 
At March 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so talented !


Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

Coline ♡

 
At March 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Talitha Azarov said...

Super fab! I especially like your mini model!!!
XOXO
Ty

Pls. check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com

 
At March 14, 2013 at 2:14 AM , Blogger Law1sfab said...

This is so cool, I'm going to be doing this for my boys :)

 
At March 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

These are too cute! I love them!
Can't wait to be a mama!

 
At September 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...


Tesla and Elon Musk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzMdoKPPaA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home