<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : DIY Feather Lampshade

2.24.2012

DIY Feather Lampshade

 Happy Friday, all ya'll. Today I am giving you something to do this weekend. Get your Michael's coupon ready, because you're going to need to go grab supplies for this awesome DIY project that Brandy is sharing! I love a good project for a good deal, and this one's where it's at!

---------------------------------------------------

I have a very simple DIY project I'd like to share with you.
My daughter's room is done in black and white damask print and zebra print with hot pink accents.
Her walls are painted a pale turquoise.  The lighting in her room isn't the best, so we were looking for a
trendy and chic lamp.  All of the ones we could find were pretty pricey; we're talking around $30.00 for just the shade. I searched all over the internet for a less expensive one with no luck.

So, one day I was at the dollar store and found this zebra lampshade. I had a lamp that I had bought at a yardsale for $2.00 that would go great with it.  The shade was $5.00. I went to our Michaels store and bought this strand of black maribour feathers for $2.00. 

Photobucket
Photobucket

All I had to do was hot glue the feathers around the top and bottom edge of the shade
 and cut the excess feathers off.  Super easy.  It only took about 10 minutes. And voilà -- just what we had in mind.

The total project was $9.00 for the lamp and the shade.

Photobucket
Photobucket

So cute and it went perfectly with her room.

If you like this little sneak peak of her room, come check out my blog next week.  I'll be posting more pictures of her bedroom transformation.  We took it from toddler princess themed to fabulous and sassy!

-----------------------------------------------------

Awesome, right? I'm definitely adding this to my Pinterest so I can be sure to make one for our future daughter (here's hoping we don't have all boys).

Have a wonderful weekend!

Do me a solid and hop on over here to submit your daily vote! xoxo

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so so so cute! i love it!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So easy--I think even I can mange this one! Hope you are having a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home