<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Humble Hilo

3.11.2014

Humble Hilo





Bag: Humble Hilo
Dress: similar
Hat: Anthropologie (on crazy sale, like, you need to buy it!)
Boots: similar

*Photos by Nathan Petty

A few months ago I won this bag from Humble Hilo (it doubles as an extra cute diaper or camera bag), and I thought it would be fun to share their brand and story with you! Humble Hilo is run by two entrepreneurial mamas, and all of the bags are one-of-a-kind and handmade from "huipiles" in Guatemala. The making of these goods employs women in small Guatemalan towns, which in turn helps them support their own families and communities. 

My absolute favorite part of this brand is that you get to choose in which way you would like to give humanitarian aid whenever you purchase an item — the options are infant and child nutrition, literacy and education, and microfinance loans for women. And what's even more awesome is that they give an update every month of how many women and children have been helped. Girl power!

Mixing fashion with philanthropy is pure genius. I love the awareness and self-reliance it creates on all ends of the spectrum. If you're going to go shopping, why not make it a double whammy by supporting small business and eliminating the effects of poverty? Yep, makes sense to me, too.

And one last thing before I sign off. Have you seen these baby sandals? ADORABLE. Hello, summer sandals for Luke and Wes (I wish they were in my size)!

Be sure to go check out their shop. It's well worth it and I have a feeling you won't leave empty-handed. 

*No, I don't have extensions. These photos are from a few solid weeks ago, although it would be fun to have long hair for a day. Maybe.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At March 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM , Blogger The Macons said...

I LOVE their bags! And those sandals, I can't even. Can't wait to get home and measure my little foot so she can rock a pair this summer!

 
At March 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Look at you being so adorable! The details on Humble Hilo make me want to purchase ASAP!!

Jenna
Visions of Vogue

 
At March 12, 2014 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, friend! Everything on their site is so good! Do it, do it!

 
At March 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh wow, that sounds really cool! I just love the bag.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look gorgeous!!! i love everything about this look!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's a wonderful company and all of the bags are this cute!

 
At March 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, thanks my boho queen friend! :)

 
At March 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

gorgeous :) I love that bag

check my blog out,
http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/03/barefoot-in-sand_12.html

 
At March 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Andrea Smith said...

What size bag did you get?

 
At March 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I got a size medium. It's the perfect size, I think. Not too small to the point where you can't lug around a ton of stuff, but not too big where it is like carrying around a duffle bag :)

 
At March 19, 2014 at 8:02 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

that bag!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home