<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Gingerbread House

12.21.2013

Gingerbread House



We started a new tradition of gingerbread house making this year, in addition to our cutout sugar cookies. Believe it or not, I've never made a legitimate gingerbread house in my life. I suppose this isn't 100% legitimate since the gingerbread, frosting and embellishments came in a box. Making the house from scratch would be oh so lovely, but ain't nobody got time for that!

If you couldn't tell, Luke thought the purpose of this activity was to shovel the candies into your mouth as fast as humanly possible. Also, if frosting were drinkable, Luke would be chugging it.

So, the real question is, do you ever eat your gingerbread house after making it? Or is that gross? Is it simply decorative? Sorry, I don't know these things --I am a gingerbread house amateur. It smells really good, meaning I am this close to taking a massive bite out of the side right after Luke does.

P.S. Isn't Wes the chubbiest dubby in the land?! I am definitely taking a bite out of those chubbins.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At December 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Wes looks sooo much like Daddy and Luke like Mumma. What a perfect combo.
Nom nom nom on those cubby arm rolls!
Gingerbread house making is a huge tradition for our family. We've already had so many memories in 3 short years. More candy in the belly than on the house, the is the number one rule of success we think.
Love that you shared these pics. What a bunch of fun.
Merry Christmas Abbey to you and your 3 boys!
xox

 
At December 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

Awh that is so cute :)

come check out my blog,
http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/12/home-for-holidays.html

 
At December 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Marta G. (A Bilingual Baby) said...

Hi! I've never decorated a gingerbread house, but, seeing your photos, I can see it's a great thing to do with kids! I might start this tradition next Christmas! Merry Christmas from sunny Barcelona,
Marta

 
At December 22, 2013 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Mariana said...

how cute :) lovely photos too

 
At December 22, 2013 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Joke said...

I absolutely LOVE that you let your child do the decorating of the house. I've seen a couple of blogs with perfectly decorated gingerbread houses where the writer claims their small children did it all. Drives me insane! Let your kids have at it. I'm sure your son had the best time!

PS: We do the boxed gingerbread houses too and don't eat them. But I honestly have no clue if you can or not!

 
At December 22, 2013 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Chelsea said...

You have such a beautiful little family :) It looks like you guys had a great time making your gingerbread house! Every Christmas Eve Alea gets to open one present-- a pair of Christmas jammies + a movie or a book. But this year, I decided to grab a gingerbread house kit to go with the Christmas jammies instead! She's going to be SO excited!

 
At December 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

What a fun family tradition this must be! Where I live there are little Christmas traditions and so I have never build a gingerbread house either. I have no clue if you are supposed to eat it, but then again, it would also be very mean towards the kids to not let them have a piece ^^ xo

 
At December 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM , Blogger ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

so so cute :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page
ChocolateFashionCoffee INSTAGRAM!!!

 
At December 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I love the new blog layout! Gingerbread houses are fun but a lot of work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home