<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Tomato Basil Pepperoni Pizza

6.07.2013

Tomato Basil Pepperoni Pizza


My wonderful friend, Jess, has this fun little feature on her blog called "Pizza Friday" where she comes up with the tastiest, mouthwatering-est pizza concoctions that only a true food lover can create. And she knows what good food is. These pizzas are something you would see on the menu of a gourmet pizza shop. I truly blurt out, "ohhh mmyyyy gawwwsshh" every time she posts the newest flavor of the week. Blackberries, pears, and honey? Umm yeah... I'll take 27 to go, because I am pregnant and all I want to do is eat my feelings in the form of anything that resembles bread.

The Trader Joe's pizza dough is what seals the deal for me. It is something I can whip up for my boys in about 40 minutes total and it is much tastier, cheaper (and hopefully a little bit healthier?) than a boring old Hot N' Ready from the local LC's.

In honor of Pizza Friday bringing my excitement about pizza on Fridays to an all-time high since pizza day in 4th grade (remember that stuff? Pretty sure that pizza was made of chalk paste and stale dog treats, but it was still so disgustingly delicious!), here is my version. 

Tomato Basil Pepperoni Pizza

Ingredients:

1 package of Trader Joe's pizza dough (or use this yummy nummy gluten-free pizza crust recipe)
1 bottle of Trader Joe's pizza marinara sauce
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 tomato, finely sliced
1/2 cup of basil leaves
1 package of Trader Joe's pepperoni

Directions:

Roll out pizza dough into a 10" circle after letting it rise for 20 minutes. Fold over edges to make a crust. Generously apply your marinara sauce, then layer on the basil leaves. Top with mozzarella cheese, and then add pepperonis and sliced tomatoes to the top. Bake on pizza sheet or stone for 12-15 minutes (or until crust is golden brown) at 450°F. Enjoy!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At June 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

YUM. So mouth watering!!! I'm sitting here at work waiting for my lunch break and lo and behold there's a delicious pizza on the blogger home page! So cruel!

This looks really yummy and I'm pinning it to my "I'll Make this Somday" board on Pinterest, to make it some day!

-Nathy @ Earnestyle

 
At June 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love trader joes pizza dough. it's so yummy! we always make bbq chicken pizza with it.

 
At June 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Julienne said...

aww looks yummy!!! basil, pepperoni, pizza. everything i love!!! :) the only thing i really wish we have here {in canada} is trader joes!

 
At June 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM , Blogger GS said...

Ah Pizza is my favourite! And for me tonight is PIZZA NIGHT! So excited, even more so after seeing the glorious looking one. Bet it taste great!

-Jade
gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

 
At June 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Christine Rosko said...

I am a huge Trader Joes fan. I just spent a lot of money on groceries there a few hours ago actually. This looks delicious! I wish I would have seen it before I went there!

 
At June 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Katie said...

well this looks delicious except for the fact that we don't have trader joe's. i'll have to find other things to use instead!

 
At June 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Drooling! I think I will be making pizza for dinner now :)

 
At June 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Drooling! I think I will be making pizza for dinner now :)

 
At June 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Just Another Shopaholic said...

That looks so good!! I'll have to try this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home