<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : How To Tell Your Parents You're Having A Baby

5.29.2013

How To Tell Your Parents You're Having A Baby


On Mother's Day morning, both my mom and mother-in-law opened their gifts and cards to find these little "recipe" booklets. My mom informed me she thought I sent her some gluten-free something or other, and was infinitely more thrilled to see it was in fact a baby we had cooked up. My mother-in-law, on the other hand, is a bit sneaky sneaky and straight up asked if we were having a baby just days before. Naturally, I had to lie to her. I bold-face lied to my mother-in-law! Do you know how stressful that is? I couldn't ruin the Mother's Day surprise, though. This was just too good. What better gift can you give a grandma on the day that celebrates motherhood?

I threw these booklets together on a whim, using the materials I had on hand. In my dreams I had planned out a more professional, artistically designed and ornate book, but who has time for that? I'm not gonna lie, DIY shenanigans and crafting give me a headache just thinking about them at this point. Me, the lover of painting everything and anything I can get my hands on, cringes at the thought of glue guns and making crap. Pregnancy turns me into a different person (a crazy and waaayyy too emotional person, but we'll talk about that another day).

Anyway, this is as close as I am getting to DIYing for now, but I thought I'd share how we announced our pregnancy. All you need is a computer, card stock paper, string and washi tape. It's a cute and easy way to spread the news of a bambino on the way!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At May 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the cutest! I just found your blog (although apparently I've liked your FB page a while ago and didn't realize it) and I absolutely love it! You have the sweetest pictures and the best stories...I can't wait to start following along and getting to know you :)
xoxo

 
At May 29, 2013 at 4:17 PM , Blogger House of Tong said...

Congratulations!!!! XOXOXO

 
At May 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Mrs. Dice said...

Congrats! How fun!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

AHH!! How did I miss this news?! SO excited for you beautiful mama! And this is the CUTEST announcement!
xo

 
At May 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Alisha said...

Aww congratulations!! So happy for you guys.
What an adorable announcement and great way to tell your moms. I just might have to steal it… :)

 
At May 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hah those are just too cute! congrats again! :)

 
At May 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute!

www.more-than-one-love.blogspot.co.uk

 
At May 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

So, so cute! Congratulations!!!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

Clara was due November 12th :)

 
At May 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

Such a GREAT idea! You are so creative:) Congrats again

happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At May 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what an incredibly cute way to make the announcement!

 
At May 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM , Blogger Lynzy said...

LOVE this idea! Will save it for our second baby! :)

 
At May 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Kerri @ Holly Muffin said...

This is one of the cutest ideas I've seen. I love the baking theme seeing as I bake, and the use of washi tape is adorable. Congratulations!!
xo Kerri at HollyMuffin

 
At May 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a great idea!!! Love this!!!!

Don't forget to join my Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday LInk Up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

 
At May 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Amy Harris said...

what a cute idea!! i will definitely have to remember this next time i announce a bun in the oven. also, congrats :) i'm so excited for you!! you are the cutest mom to luke and baby number two is lucky to join such a great family.
love//amy
amylynn188.blogspot.com

 
At May 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Jenn said...

So cute! Congrats!

 
At May 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

What a GREAT idea! I am totally doing this when that time comes!

 
At May 31, 2013 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Aw congrats girl! That is such a great idea to tell relatives about it! PS Nov 13 is my birthday!!! YAY! xo

 
At June 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh that is so clever! (I don't know why I'm doing this already) but I always wonder about how I will surprise my parents & in-laws one day...it seems too special of a thing to just blurt out! I love that you made it a kind of event. :)

Flora
www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home