<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Guess What?

5.28.2013

Guess What?

 Sweater: LOFT. Skirt: LOFT. Shirt: LOFT. Flats: Nine West. Necklace: Francesca's.
 
Cat's outta the bag, folks! Baby Numero Dos is on its way! 
 
This little biscuit is scheduled to arrive November 13. Who is extraordinary at math and can tell me how many weeks pregnant that is? Okay, fine I will just tell you. I am 16 weeks, the official stage where my uterus refuses to stay in and is starting to poke out for the world to start questioning if I am indeed pregnant or just laying on the ice cream eating a little too heavy. I guess it's time to set the record straight, because the days of me hiding this bump in outfit posts are dimming quickly. Get ready for a slew of maternity fashion and baby posts!

Here is the post that has patiently waited in the dark halls of the "drafts" section of my blog, which I wrote the day I found out...

I am pregnant. What am I saying? I AM PREGNANT!!!

The date is March 16, 2013. I've been feeling sick for awhile, but I took a pregnancy test not even two weeks ago and nothing but a big, fat "not pregnant" pink stick popped up. Not exactly the answer I was searching for, but luckily I found those beloved two pink lines a mere 14-ish days later.

Goodness, I love those two pink lines.

On a whim before we ventured out to the park for a Saturday play date, I thought, "Why yes, I think taking my final pregnancy test sounds like a spectacular idea."

Oh, was it ever!

That anticipation of freakishly staring at that little piece of plastic as the pee floods it is only something other neurotic moms can relate to. It's like tiny buzzing pieces of energy whirling their way around your heart and your chest, clinging to the hope that it tells you you've another bebe to add to the litter.

That moment arrived. The buzzing zinged right out the top of my head into a booming yelp of, "Maaaatttt! It's positive!"

I buzzed and buzzed some more, and then it socked me in the face, the reality of it. 

We are having another baby. There is a child in my womb! Luke is going to be a big brother!

My thoughts?

I am scared, but not scared in the first time mom kind of way. Scared in the second time mom kind of way that there might not be enough love to go around for the both of the babes. Utterly devastated that the news of a squishy pink bambino means my baby is no longer my baby. It's a funny thing. I now look upon Luke with a set of shiny responsibilities as a confidant and protector of his future sibling. All those images in my head give a new sense of maturity to this still tiny 16 month old boy. And oh is he ever going to be the best big brother this world has ever known.

Also, I can't fight the nagging sensation that this gummy bear is a little girl. Perhaps it's my psyche whispering crazy words to my internal and hormonal subconscious desires, but I just feel it. In my gut (not to be confused with my womb).

I am guestimating (such a strange and percolating word) I am about 5 weeks along. We shall see come next week!

Keeping my fingers crossed and praying extra special prayers that all is healthy and well with this fancy new life growing inside of me.

Love you, my little biscuit!

Labels: , , ,

42 Comments:

At May 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats!!!! Thats so exciting!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Jill J. said...

Congrats! :) I am seeing so many of these posts lately...maybe the blogging world is trying to tell me something! Ha!

Very excited for you!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

 
At May 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, how exciting!!

Megan
budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

 
At May 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU BEAUTIFUL BABE! xoxo

 
At May 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Big happy congrats!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Yay! That is so so exciting. Congratulations!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

ABBEY! I'm so happy for you!! I have to say, I had my suspicions! You are absolutely radiant!!!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

That is SUCH exciting news! Congratulations! :D
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At May 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Megan Hatch said...

How exciting! Congratulations!!! No wonder you didn't go on any rides at Universal Studios. :) ♥♥♥

 
At May 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM , Anonymous Jenna said...

Aww! Your little bump is precious! Congrats!!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Kailie said...

Woa! I was not expecting that, you carry so well! Congrats, you have the cutest babies!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 4:20 PM , Blogger andrea m. said...

yay!! i'm so happy for you! :)

 
At May 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Abbey!! So exciting!!! So, do you still think it's a girl?
I thought for sure I was having a girl when I had morning sickness for 18 weeks straight, and I was right :)

 
At May 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Kelsey Lenay said...

YAY! Congratulations! How exciting for you and your family; especially Luke! I bet he will be so giddy when the little one arrives!

Xo, Kelsey

 
At May 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! you look so cute with the baby bump :) Luke will be the best brother!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Tori Baldridge said...

Congratulations Momma!! That babe is blessed already :)
xox
T

 
At May 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for your soon-to-be family of four!!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Such a beautiful post, I'm so excited for you!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

YAY! Congrats:) So happy for you and your family and you're going to be one great mama of two and I'm questimating too - it's a girl:) Gotta be a girl:)


happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At May 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

Oh my gosh congrats!!! :) Such wonderful news

 
At May 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM , Blogger k8te said...

congrats!! how exciting! you look adorable. your comment about not enough love to go around reminded me of this hysterical book called 'waiting for birdy'.. if you haven't read it already you totally should (i don't even have kids and LOVED it!) it's so so funny! :)

 
At May 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Congratulations!! You look great! Wishing you a wonderful, healthy pregnancy!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Congratulations!
THis is so exciting, and also exciting as we are due just a week later! :)

 
At May 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Rach said...

Congrats!! So exciting! Two is so much fun!!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!


www.studentswife.com

 
At May 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Lynzy said...

YAY! Congrats! i love when other bloggers join in on the pregnancy fun! I am 21 weeks and loving every second! It is my first - so everything is new and exciting for us! Cannot wait to follow along with your growing bambino! :)

xx Lynzy

 
At May 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM , Blogger josie renee said...

Aww CONGRATS!

 
At May 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Congratulations pretty little mama! I loved hearing your thoughts from when you first realized you amazing new blessing! I can't wait to see your growing bump & glowing face!
xx

 
At May 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM , Blogger Joke said...

Congrats to you and your husband. That is wonderful news.

 
At May 29, 2013 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle said...

AH!!! Yay!! Congratulations my friend! It was so fun reading your initial thoughts you wrote when you first discovered the wonderful news! Super excited for you and your cute family!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! It's a joyous and blessing feeling to have that little peanut growing in your tummy :) you look amazing!!! Glowing!! We are trying for a 3rd now!

Http://fashion-a-holic.com

 
At May 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Megan said...

congrats love!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Congrats! So exciting! I'm 18 weeks with my first!
Style in the City

 
At May 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

Congratulations! I am sure Luke will be an excellent big brother!

~Krista

Kristie's Blue Jeans

 
At May 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I cannot wait to hear how everything goes!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! :) luke is going to be a great big brother and this baby (boy or girl) is going to be so cute!

 
At May 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. I hope you're having a little girl. :)

 
At May 30, 2013 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations!!! and that is right around where ava was born. you look like you are glowing :)

 
At May 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

yay!!! luke will be the best big brother ever~
sooo, basically, this is a valentines day baby (am i doing the math right here)!?
congrats you pretty momma~

xo the egg out west.

 
At June 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! I absolutely love learning that ladies, whether I know them personally or not, are pregnant. It's the most exciting secret to be in on! I hope you are both well.
I asked my mum how it is loving lots of children - she has had four of us. I always wondered if it meant her capacity for loving us would just kind of get shared around. She said instead that your heart just grows even bigger & her capacity for love quadrupled. So have no fear.

Flora
www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

 
At June 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home