<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : And We're Having...

6.12.2013

And We're Having...

[The ultimate stinkface! I have a feeling we might have to get used to this look for the first few weeks...]

Oh boy, it's a boy! 

The good news is that I know how to do the boy thing. We've got it down pat! And we are over the moon thrilled to get another little rascal! Luke and the little guy are going to be best buds, regardless of that monster stinkface that would suggest otherwise (I kid... he was just being grumpy and I thought this actually made for an entertaining photo in light of the happy news!).

The bad news is that my gut needs a tune-up. Pun intended. But seriously, I really truly thought it was a girl, however I learned a very valuable lesson that every pregnancy is just plain different, no matter the gender! Duly noted.

Can I tell you how much my heart swelled seeing that cutie pie on the 20 foot screen? All of his precious fingers and toes were wriggling, and his face was and is the sweetest. Ahhh, I just can't wait to meet and snuggle the babe into the nook of my neck and nuzzle my nose into that delicious newborn scent. It's crazy how much you miss it, and how fleeting and tender those moments and days are with your little ones.

Now we have to figure out a name, which is a problem since Matt and I exhausted our lists in a matter of 30 minutes and couldn't agree on a single one. Not one! And this stresses me out, big time. Names are important! Boy names are the hardest, aren't they? Wish us luck, or this kid's name might end up legally being Bubba!

Labels: , ,

25 Comments:

At June 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! love that sweater :)

 
At June 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Mrs. Dice said...

Awww! They will be best buds! Congrats!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

Yay! Congrats! I find out Friday what I am having!
Style in the City

 
At June 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! so excited! luke is so cute! i can't even imagine having two of those cute little faces to look at.

 
At June 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Luke looks so cute in these pictures! congrats mama! yay for little boys

 
At June 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Gabrielle Riddell said...

do you two like traditional or unique names?

 
At June 12, 2013 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Gentri said...

So happy for you! They'll be the best of friends!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Jenn said...

congratulations none the less! when I was pregnant we wanted a girl too, if only because of the cuter clothes! I had a boy also! :)

 
At June 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Melina said...

Aww congrats! Two boys will be so much fun. But I do agree, boy names are really hard to come up with!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

Yay! Luke and baby brother will be such good friends! I have a sister right below me and we are joined at the hip!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM , Blogger k8te said...

aww congrats! so exciting! you should check out nameberry.com if you haven't already. i like the "if you like ___ you might also like ___" feature! good luck on the name hunt!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

That is so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS! And it is crazy how different pregnancies are! It makes me excited and nervous for my next one! Haha.

 
At June 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Kelsey Lenay said...

How exciting! Congrats to you and your family!

Xo, Kelsey

 
At June 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM , Blogger yours truly said...

Congrats! Little boys are fun :)

 
At June 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Zockoll said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Congrats!!! Boys are so fun! I have 3 of them (no girls), and my last pregnancy was SO different from the first two, I swore it must be a girl...but nope...all boy! My first two are 2 years apart and just the best of friends...so fun! Good luck with a name. Our third didn't have a name for the first day...boys names are SO hard!

 
At June 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Janelle said...

Congrats! I had the hardest time picking a name for my little boy... we played a game at my baby shower which included everyone writing down baby names and I ended up choosing one of those! Inspiration can come from anywhere :)

 
At June 13, 2013 at 5:19 AM , Anonymous Emily said...

Congratulations!!
I can't tell you how many times this year that I've been totally taken aback by the gender of an expecting friend or family member! I still look at one of my best friends and think "Nah... it HAS to be a girl" :)

 
At June 13, 2013 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations!

 
At June 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

Please stop by my blog and link up for my weekly tres-chic fashion thursday link up and enter my giveaway for a fabulous pave link bracelet.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

 
At June 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

YES!!! I looooove brothers~

 
At June 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM , Blogger jenna j. said...

Yay!! Congrats, boys are so so sweet!!!
xoxo,
Jenna
http://www.mamadazeblog.com

 
At June 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM , Blogger TheDoeAndTheThistle said...

We brought our second son (now 7 weeks old) home in that sweater! Funny enough it's a girls cardi.
Congrats!!!

 
At June 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

YAY!!! The good news is you guys already know you make SUPER cute baby boys :) Steve and I can never agree on boys names either! It's bad! We have a bazillion girls names we both like but no boys!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Megan said...

ahh, congrats! I find out next week what I'm having! I think I'm a week or so behind you.

Megan from Chasing Davies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home