<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Boy Or Girl?

6.10.2013

Boy Or Girl?


At precisely 6:40 PM tonight, we find out the gender of Baby Numero Dos. 

Like I said before, that feeling in my gut tells me it's a little girl, although that could just be wishful thinking to have one of each. I really am just pining for those frills and bows, though. It takes all my rational, straight-thinking will power to walk past the girls' section at the store. And 93% of the time when I can't help but stop, I reallllly have to tell myself to not buy those darling pink shoes, or that romper set that is $3 on clearance because I think it is a girl and even if it isn't a girl I am surely going to have a girl someday and $3 for that outfit is just too good to pass up and I could always give it away as a gift if I change my mind anyway. Yes, those are the rambling, run-on sentences that cram my mind. And it gets progressively worse each time we are out and about, so I think it's high time we get this gender thing in the bag!

Our official doctor ultrasound isn't for another 2.5 weeks, but for the sake of my sanity (and Matt's so he doesn't have to hear me hypothesize about how I just feel it in my bones that it's a girl, only to rebut it with, "it's a boy") we are going to one of those ultrasound only places. I hear they have big screens and couches and actually enjoy in the splendor and glee of the thrilling moment of the gender reveal, instead of the ogreish, terribly unenthusiastic announcement from the grouchy ultrasound tech at the doctor's office.

And let me list off the reasons why I think it's a girl.

a) I feel like my belly is much more more sticky-outy in front this time around
b) The morning sickness with this one has been wayyy more intense, and I even still get random bouts of it now in my second trimester (that most certainly was not the case with Luke) 
c) My hormones are making me bat-s*** crazy. Seriously. I don't have any other way of putting it. I am pretty sure that only a female growing another female can make you this breed of kooky-looney-certifiable-crazy
d) They say girls suck the beauty out of you, and let me tell ya, I have wrinkles and acne galore and my hair is already starting to fall out in front!
e) This pregnancy just feels different

So, now that I have convinced you it's a girl, I want your votes! What do you think? Boy or girl?

What gender is Baby Numero Dos?
  

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At June 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i hope it's a girl. i would love to see cute bows and ruffles. :) either way, it's going to be one cute baby!

 
At June 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous Katie R said...

So exciting! Did you find out with your first? We are waiting... husband's request... and I can't wait to see what we are having in 4ish more months!

 
At June 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I hope it's a girl! That would be so lovely :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At June 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM , Blogger caligo7 said...

I voted boy but I hope you have a girl. I had two girls then a boy which means absolutely nothing but I could have sworn my 3rd was a girl and I wrong. But my main reason for thinking that is because I had 2 girls already. So it would be good for you to experience having both :)

 
At June 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Mrs. Dice said...

Good luck! We have a boy and a baby girl and it is so sweet to have the best of both worlds!

 
At June 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Stephers said...

So, we just had our sonogram for our 2nd (our first is a girl), and I could've sworn she was a boy! I think I just wanted a boy so badly that it overshadowed any similarities that Ive had to this pregnancy and the last. Girls are awesome, and I didn't grow up with a sister so I'm really excited about 2 girls. I hope you get what you want! Either way--a healthy baby is all that we want, right?! ;)

 
At June 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Amy Harris said...

how exciting!! i loved finding out the gender of my bebe. either way, you will have the most darling little child :) i vote boy!

 
At June 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Lynzy said...

Awww! I totally thought mine was a boy for like 16 weeks and then found out she was a girl, and I made them check like three times because I was like no way! its a boy! Ha! I had virtually no morning sickness with her either! I am voting a boy, but thats just me. Cannot wait to find out ! :)

xx Lynzy

 
At June 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

I think it will be a girl. I love that you have an Angelina Ballerina book. My daughter has loved Angelina movies since she was 3 months old.

 
At June 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Kailie said...

Haha, I felt like I was reading my own thoughts when I was reading about you having to convince yourself to not buy the clearance clothes!Hubby and I aren't even pregnant yet and I have already been guilty of buying cute baby clothes with the intention of giving them away...Did I actually gift said baby clothes? No, too cute! ;)

 
At June 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

my morning sickness with ava lasted until twenty weeks so i know your pain--hold in there.

and for that reason alone i think it is a girl, and just because i think your little girl will be adorable :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home