<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Happy Wife, Happy Life

3.10.2013

Happy Wife, Happy Life

(and an awkward photo for good measure)

I spent the better half of this morning being my best bratty self to Matt. I kinda sorta had a good reason (not really). You see, in my dream last night he wouldn't talk to me (which is a major issue because I love to yap the man's ear off) and basically left me for who knows how long, because dream time is a thing of mystery. The animosity I felt toward him carried over into real life, because I'm a hormonal woman and I'm capable of such craziness from time to time (please reassure me I am not alone in this ridiculousness). Halfway through the day, I decided to stop acting like a 14-year old and use the mature capabilities my brain has worked so hard to develop by apologizing and laughing it off. After all, the man made us chicken shawarmas yesterday! You'd think I'd find it in my heart to suffocate him with praise and adoration, instead of holding grudges for things that my crazy lady brain conjures up in the wee hours of the morning. 

Overall, I would just like to state for the record that I hit the jackpot with Matt. Even though it's occasionally necessary to drive each other nuts, the guy is golden. Pure gold. I mean, would you get a load of that food he made specially for us (by the way, it is completely gluten-free! These spinach tortillas from Whole Foods make a great replacement for pitas)! He knows how to bake, too. Quite the Renaissance man, really.

Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food is the nomiest of noms. I would like to take a lengthy hiatus on this island and indulge in a gyro (or five). I envision myself becoming one with the Greek, so when I get back to the USA I can go around demanding of strangers and anyone that will listen, "geeve me any word, and I show you how the root is Greek."

Then there is Luke, proud owner of seven toofs and counting. That guy is a little ham, but what do you expect from a baby who's had the camera in his face from day one? I wonder what all these kids will be like as adults (you know, the ones with moms that blog every moment of their life)? Are we setting them up with some sort of celebrity complex? I'm afraid he will feel inadequate and unloved as an adult if someone isn't constantly snapping a picture or video of him ;)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At March 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Anna @ IHOD said...

I relate to that whole first paragraph-lol! I always have dreams where he is being a jerk (which never happens in real life) and sometimes wake up angry at him...oh what they put up with;)

That feet photo kills me! The cutest.

 
At March 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, that is too funny! I have carried over dream anger occasionally as well :)

 
At March 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM , Blogger agasuitcase said...

So pretty pictures! Really impressive blog, love your style. I follow you and I would be happy if you decide to check my blog:-)
Kisses
Aga

New posts
Neon and studs!
www.agasuitcase.com

 
At March 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

The thing about dreams, is that they feel so real! I'm guilty of letting dream hurt carry into my real life from time to time. Irrational as it may be! That last picture is absolutely gorgeous - because it's not trying to be!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Priscila@mommode said...

I love Mediterranean food, is so full of flavor! Now you got my wanting to watch that movie for the millionth time, :)

 
At March 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

What a sweet family you've got there! And such a loving man! :)

 
At March 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I was super grouchy and bratty to my husband today, too -- who is amazing and never gets mad at me. I blame it on Daylight Savings Time and an hour less of sleep, but really I just need to get out of the dumps. :)

 
At March 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

I totally understand the dream-turned-real-life grouchy self towards hubby. Just happens
The quote? I LOVE it! My Big Fat Greek Wedding has got to be my favorite movie of them all - which reminds me, gotta go watch it again.
The food looks delicious so props to you for making up with hubby

happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At March 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

haha Abbey I've TOTALLY done that several times!! I had a dream a couple weeks ago that my Mom cheated on my Dad and I wouldn't answer her calls for like three days. Hormonal much??

 
At March 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Jill J. said...

I love it. My husband had a dream on Sat that I cheated on him and was honestly pissed at me all of yesterday. He said it was so real, he couldn't shake it. So funny!

Jill
Classy with a Kick

 
At March 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Ms. Morgan said...

Make sure to come by and checkout the post I just did about a Pin Up Class I attended and the corresponding giveaway: Bombshell Basics DVD, hair embellishment, Honeymoon Red nail polish and Rock a Fella lipstick. http://msmorgansrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2013/03/bettina-may-pin-up-class.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home