<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Good Grief, I Adore This Kid

2.21.2013

Good Grief, I Adore This Kid


Crinkle. Snap. Sqwerrrk.

I looked over my shoulder and there Luke sat on his knees, chubby feet curled up under his bum, fishing through my purse with gum in his hands and mouth. Receipts and lip gloss scattered around him and he simply sat there giggling. Giggling and smiling because he loves anything of mama's and was content to be in my company.

Then he broke into my hat collection. The brown one lost appeal, but the purple one fit just right. A polka dot scarf seemed the perfect addition to the pile of newly found play things, and he just kept right on giggling as he stomped and bonked with that noisy crawl of his from one end of the room to the other.

This circus of a game continued on for about 20 minutes, and then Luke tenderly rubbed his eyes, in that vulnerable, uncoordinated way babies do. I scooped him up in my arms to put him down for his morning nap, when he gently placed his small head on my shoulder, right in the nape of the neck especially made for mothers.

There we rocked back and forth, just our two heartbeats thumping together. It's those sublime moments that remind me that my baby, however big he may grow, will always be my baby.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At February 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Jan said...

This made me want to have a baby pronto! LOL This is so sweet Abbey!

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM , Blogger The Egg said...

you are such a sweet mama!

xo the egg out west.

 
At February 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM , Blogger GS said...

What lovely photos! Such a beautiful family

-Jade
gracious-silhouettes.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Awww you two are so so cute :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM , Blogger josie renee said...

Aww this is so sweet. I love these tender moments.

 
At February 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Anna Demko said...

Ohhh my goodness, I totally know what you feel now!


happymedley.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Cute! This makes me want a baby to snuggle. :)

 
At February 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious!

 
At February 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM , Blogger steph nelsen said...

so eloquently spoken and true.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Kat said...

this is so beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home