<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : If This Outfit Could Talk

11.07.2012

If This Outfit Could Talk

Jacket: TJMaxx (similar). Tee: LOFT (similar). Skirt: Old Navy (similar). Boots: Target. Hat: Target (on sale!) Scarf: Vintage. Lipstick: MAC, Rebel.

If this outfit could talk, I imagine it would say something like this...

"The 90's called. They said Courtney Love wants her look back."

"Are they doing a remake of Uncle Buck or are you just channeling Tia's character?"

"Where do I find the local Hell's Angels gang? Sign me up."

I'll be honest. I was not excited about the whole 90's fad thing coming back in style. I kicked, screamed, dug my heels into the ground in resistance, but alas. I could not and would not stay away from the leather, denim on denim, dark lips, grunge aesthetic. After all, I did grow up in the surrounding Seattle area, AKA the 90's grunge capital of the world (Nirvana, anyone?). The only thing I can't do is a denim jacket. Last time I wore one of those puppies, I was a frightening looking preteen and the awkward prepubescent association to denim jackets is forever seared in my brain.

Guess I'll just stick to the Alanis Morissette hardly brushed hair and Elaine Benes get-ups. What's the deal with that anyway? ;)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At November 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Lizzie said...

I like your outfit it is cute Ireally like your pink skirt:)

 
At November 7, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Cute!

 
At November 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Lizzie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a cute outfit, and you're gorgeous! and this post CRACKED me up.
I'm thinking of bringing back my 90s bowl cut...would that work? ;D

 
At November 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Such great memories of Uncle Buck!! Love that scarf.

 
At November 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

SUCH a cute outfit!!! I love everything about this. And I love how you knotted your skirt. Looks super cute.
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At November 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Lischen said...

Love your lipstick!!

xx

 
At November 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so in love with your hat!

Kisses, Lucy:)

 
At November 8, 2012 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love the hat. i am still looking for the perfect one, why is it so hard to find?

 
At November 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Haley said...

Where did you grow up in WA?? I'm from Vancouver. :) And my brother lives in Seattle, love that city!

I'm all over the knot you tied in your dress! And your bold lip with light eyes is gorgeous.

Excited to keep up with your lovely blog. And I'm your 1,000th follower! wahoo! :)

 
At November 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are gorgeous and I love this entire outfit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home