<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: Tactile Typography Pumpkin (And A Dolled Up One Too)

10.25.2012

Dare I DIY?: Tactile Typography Pumpkin (And A Dolled Up One Too)

 
 It's pumpkin carving time! But, guess what? I am not so skillful with a carving knife. My dream pumpkin consists of Bob Marley's face, attached with costume dreads at the top and filled the with shallow warm water and dry ice. Would that not be the best pumpkin you've ever beheld in your life as you approached the door step on Halloween night? If you say no, you are lying. If you actually make that pumpkin, please credit it back to me and send me pictures so I can post them every Halloween for the rest of my life.

The second raddest pumpkin I thought of is based on these amazing works of art by Dominique Falla featuring tactile typography. I immediately thought to myself, "that would make an awesome pumpkin!" So off I went on my merry little way to recreate Dominique's genius with my own Halloweenie spin.

Before you start, make sure you print off your desired spooky type in a Word document. Base the size of the type off of the shape and size of your pumpkin. Here are the rest of the deets:
 

And since the hot pink wig is regarded in high esteem in our house, we decided to incorporate her fancy ways into the pumpkin decorating as well...

Say hello to Frenchy the Pumpkin!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At October 25, 2012 at 6:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

SO cute!! i love it, you did such a great job!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At October 25, 2012 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Laura said...

These both look fantastic! So much fun! I haven't carved a pumpkin in years...and this would be a fun alternative.

 
At October 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM , Blogger pretty little things said...

such a cool idea -- love this! xo

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

 
At October 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

Love this DIY! Just found your blog, I love it! Now following :)

www.thestylestorm.com

xo, Christina

 
At October 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Camila Carneiro said...

Such nice ideas, the pumpkins turned out great!
That is halloween out of the box decoration, right there ;)

 
At October 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

I've never seen this before...love it!!

 
At October 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Jenna DeSantis said...

Abbey!!

This is so creative, love it!! There are so many neat ideas besides carving and this one takes the cake. Love it!!

I just did a DIY pumpkin post on my blog, would love for you to check it out,

XO Jenna

Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

 
At October 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Jan said...

I love this idea! And that Frenchy made me laugh... here at work. LOL

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com
I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

 
At October 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Lischen said...

Such a cool idea!!

xx

 
At October 26, 2012 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

Oh my goodness! I love this nailhead pumpkin so much - I HATE getting the ooey gooey slimy pumpkin gunk all over my hands, and this turned out sooo cute!
xx
Here&Now

 
At October 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Rosy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Rosy said...

This an awesome DIY. I would have never thought of using nails.. What a great idea ;))

 
At October 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Kat said...

Will have to try this next year! What a cool idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home