<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dare I DIY?: Striped Fringe Bag

9.13.2012

Dare I DIY?: Striped Fringe Bag

 
This striped bag sat, and sat, aaand sat in my closet for the longest time. Slowly collecting dust, it eventually threw itself off the shelf in my face, screaming, "Use me or lose me!"

Naturally, I took one good look at it and saw a more fanciful future for it. One that would take it from summer to fall... one with fringe benefits. Literally. And oh is it such a beautiful pairing. Every time it's on my arm, I feel compelled to bust out in the Charleston. Not to be confused with The Carlton.
Once again, this DIY requires very basic supplies. Meaning, you don't have to use a sewing machine! Fabric glue is slowly becoming my favorite craft item, simply for the fact that I don't have to use a needle and thread. Anything to avoid pulling out that beast. I use Aleene's OK to Wash-It from Michaels. Also, this is a great way to repurpose that ratty old shirt you never wear anymore.

Let the fringing begin!

 

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It turned out so cute! Great job.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At September 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Very cute! Just found your blog... Love IT!

Jamie
stylinmommies.com

 
At September 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Kira said...

Awesome DIY, but now I can't stop thinking about the Carlton. I want to go to some sort of dance party now so I can bust out those moves.

 
At September 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM , Blogger binti said...

Nice Post.
http://online-shopping.bravesites.com/shoes-online

 
At September 16, 2012 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Aukse said...

Such a simple and cute idea! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home