<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : White Pants, You Will Be Missed

8.31.2012

White Pants, You Will Be Missed

 Blazer: H&M | Tee: Old Navy | Pants: Chico's (I ocassionally like to pretend  I am 50 ) | Boots: Flashbacks (local thrift store) | Shades: Free People | Bracelet: LOFT.

After reading this post the other day, I realized I need to get my white pant wearing in before Labor Day. I may or may not be wearing white every day just to make up for those days I missed it (or wore ridiculous amounts of layers wishing fall would come already).

However, since we live in a world where fashion seems to be free of rules nowadays, do you stick to the "no white after Labor Day" rule that is so ardently displayed on the old signs of the opening credits in What Not To Wear (*I was just informed it says white shoes are permitted. But what about pants?!)? Stacy London kind of scares me sometimes, so I don't want to run the risk of being her next target. I can see it now...

"Girl, just say no to the white pants after Labor Day. You have to let go of who you were so you can embrace the new, white pant-less you." (As she is touching every little accessory and thing on my person)

So, my beloved white pants, I bid you adieu. Until next spring, my loves.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At August 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Allie said...

SHOOT i forgot about this!!! white jeans all weekend it is!

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not giving in to this rule. When it starts becoming fall weather i'll start wearing fall clothes - but when its 80 degrees on campus I am not putting away white pants just to have to wear boring jean shorts :P

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I think the What Not To Wear sign says "White shoes permitted after Labor day". So, Stacy would definitely approve of your white pants. :)

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute!!

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger jackie said...

ugh I hate that rule. I'm a big fan of white sundresses and won't give them up until it gets too cold to have my little legs bare!

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Stesha said...

haha! yes so true. Sometimes white can be rocked but it has to be a specific look to really be bulled off. Just store them away until easter time!

xxS

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

And I was just hoping to fit into my white (skinny) jeans again this year ... oh well, maybe next year. :(

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you live in san diego! summer ends in october so you still have another month! plus haven't you heard of winter white? (i am so not okay with giving up my white.)

 
At August 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Jessica Gitler said...

love this look ... I will for sure keep rockin my white ... I love it too much to let some silly rule make me put it away!!
Jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

 
At August 31, 2012 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

I love your crisp white & pink outfit! I am a little bit of a rebel, and rock my bootcut white jeans all Fall/Winter... but for some reason, my white purse gets packed away come labor day... all silly rules!
xx
Here&Now

 
At August 31, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Elisha said...

I'm not giving in either.. I'll keep wearing mine.

 
At September 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

pssssh. weaar em until the weather gets cooler!

xo the egg out west.

 
At September 3, 2012 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Amanda English said...

Awwwwwwwwww man! I totally forgot that my white pants will be boxed for awhile! Oh well... Colored jeans you are still here!!! xoxo

 
At October 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home