<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Anniversary Number Three

5.09.2012

Anniversary Number Three


Dear Matt,

So many times I've wished I could have known you as a baby and child, but now I can look down at the amazing little person in my arms we made and know a part of you at that precious period of your life.

Creating a child together is the sweetest and most sacred thing two people can share.

I am so honored and privileged that you chose me to be that person 3 years ago. You are more than I ever hoped for.

Has our marriage been all kisses, hugs, and rainbows? Certainly not. We've had our fair share of arguments, disagreements, and annoyances just like any other couple. Do we get on one another's nerves and want a break sometimes? Definitely. I'd be lying if I said no and so would any other married couple.

But it's these things that create a solid and healthy marriage. Without the crappy stuff, we wouldn't be able to grow and appreciate each other's esteeming qualities or understand how to resolve conflict.

If there is one thing I believe everyone should know about marriage, it is understanding how to overcome differences and resolve conflict with your spouse. Learning their reactions and ways they deal with problems is of the utmost importance. Just because you married them doesn't mean they are exactly like you. Most couples I know are actually polar opposites and resolve issues in a likewise opposite manner. And you know what? The happiest ones are the ones that have figured out how to complementary overcome their disputes. They let the other one cope and struggle in the manner they know how, and have learned to fine tune their approach and timing.

You and I continue to work on this as we did from day one. We give our best to be the support and backing to each other. Because of this, I can confidently say we have a wonderful marriage.

I leave you with a little essay you inspired me to write once upon a time.

"The One" 

The age-old question everyone seeks the answer to is, "How do I know they're the one?"

I believe I finally conjured an answer that isn't too complex or too cliche.

You know you've found "the one" when you are physically, spiritually, intellectually, and motivationally stimulated. But most importantly, they aren't afraid to love you back.

It's a simple formula.

I look around at all the couples I admire. I see people with passionate, but broken past relationships and I compare their new loves to those of the old. They all play out by the same formula. In all actuality, they have finally completed the formula with the missing integers and the correct arrangement.

I look into my relationship and find myself fulfilled and complete. We connect on every level, consciously and subconsciously.

He is the t'ai to my chi.

Happy Anniversary, Matt. You are "the one" in my life. Thanks for being in the right place at the right time so I could find you.

I love you.

Love,
Abbey

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Always Maylee said...

How amazing were your wedding shoes, seriously! Happy anniversary!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

 
At May 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Aww, this is so sweet!!!
Congrats on three years!!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

congrats!! and ayee!! I love that wedding dress on you!!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Joke said...

Congrats. I love your wedding pictures. You looked gorgeous. Beautifully written post. I can't wait to be married. Only 58 days left. I'm counting every day now! :)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Shaissa said...

Feliz aniversario!! Como dices ninguna relación está libre de discusiones y días malos, pero seguro que mirando esa carita...sólo os dan ganas de sonreir! Besos

 
At May 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

Happy Anniversary :)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Hailey said...

sweet :) happy anniversary!

http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

 
At May 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Kira said...

Aww you two are so cute!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Bree said...

Congratulations on 3 years :)
You two are so cute!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

this is so lovely and thanks for sharing something like this with others. congrats on your 3 year anniversary, these are beautiful photos and hope you have more wonderful years together and to share with baby luke!

City Style

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Congrats! What a beautiful post! Love the wedding photos too!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

happy anniversary!!

--kendall
songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

 
At May 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Clara Turbay said...

it´s great i´ll be back soon.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Your wedding photos are beautiful!

And you are right about marriage and how you have to work through things together.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Ummm you look BOMB in that wedding dress. Beautiful.
And love this letter. Happy Anniversary!
xoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream

 
At May 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

How adorable! You looked so amazing! I love the blue...

Lischen
xxx

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Rola said...

I love the touch of blue in your bouquet and espadrilles. Beautiful photography in your blog:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home