<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Current Events

10.13.2011

Current Events

Me, Ginger, Mom

My parents are kind of old. They are probably reading this right now saying, "Hey! That's not fair! Don't pigeon-hole us into that category. You just wait until you're our age...we look great!"

And you do, Mom & Dad. I totally agree. And I totally love having fake, hypothetical conversations with my parents like they are really here.

So anyway, where was I? Yes, the rents are a bit technologically behind. Luckily, my brother, Brady, helped them out and set them up with a new webcam on their new computer and we Skyped last night! It may not seem like a big deal to all of you that have techy parents, but my mom doesn't even use a cell phone. The cell phone that is in her possession sits in the glove compartment of her car, and is covered in dust. Bless her sweet, little heart.

My sister, Ginger, and her three kiddos are visiting my parents right now. As we were Skyping, the littlest wandered up to the computer, staring at it like an alien (as it was his first Skype experience too) and pointed to the bandage on his head.  Let me mention this kid has horrible luck when visiting Grandma & Grandpa. Last visit he got bit by a brown recluse! Naturally, something needed to happen this time too. And indeed it did. 

I was perplexed by the mark and bandage on his head. It was funky looking. My sister was standing in the background with her mouth set. I asked "What in the world is that?"

Not expecting the answer I was about to receive, they replied, 

"He got ran over by the lawnmower."

...???

How does that even happen? 

The Wittow Guy

Now, don't fret. It's not like his head got chopped off. He just got behind the lawnmower and it more or less bonked him on the noggin. Poor wittow guy! Murphy's Law is intent on getting the best of him, and he's only 3! Luckily, he is okay, it just sounds more dramatic than anything.

Oh the joys of parenthood we have to look forward to!

And that's my entertaining news for the day. Life can get pretty crazy when you are the youngest of 8! 

Do you have a big family? What are your wild stories?

Labels:

7 Comments:

At October 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger his little lady said...

ha, loved this post. i'm one of 11, right in the middle. and my parents are definitely on the older side too so i could totally relate to everything that was said here. perfection! as far as stories, there are just toooo many. but short version, i got hit in the head by my brother with a golf club by accident and was unconscious for 10 minutes. no fun, ha
xo TJ

 
At October 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM , Blogger nicole said...

aww hes such an adorable little boy! it must be so exciting to have such a big family, i'm so jealous!

stylishlynicole.blogspot.com

 
At October 13, 2011 at 3:28 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

These stories are so cute! Love this post. :)

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

that is so great you got your family wired, haha. I know my mom has come a long way with the using the computer - i've finally gotten her to check her email more than once a day...

Chic on the Cheap

 
At October 14, 2011 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Sarah B. said...

Too cute! I bet you have a lot of stories being in such a big family (I'm the oldest of 3). I'm a new follower from Casey's! ;)

 
At October 14, 2011 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Stories and Sequins said...

It must be so nice having a big family! I have one younger brother and not many cousins, just form my father's side:) I would love to have had a big family though!
My mother doesn't use a cell phone either! I tell it now and I don't believe this:):):)

Your nephew is so cute:D

Following you now on Bloglovin, I would love it if you followed me back!

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Chrysa
Stories and Sequins

 
At October 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

no way!!! He's just a wittle gwuy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home