<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Where's Waldo...I Mean Abbey?

10.11.2011

Where's Waldo...I Mean Abbey?

Today I lounged on the couch and watched Eclipse. I'm getting prepared for Breaking Dawn, duh! It was the perfect excuse. 

Everytime I watch Jacob's entrance scene, I can't help but to burst out in laughter. For realsies. Everything from the music, to the turning around in slow motion, to the black shmedium just kills me. It reminds me of a serious pick up line gone horribly wrong.

That being said, let's highlight a few the all-time greatest pick up lines:

"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"

"If I told you you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?"

"Hello. Are you taking any applications for a boy/girlfriend?"

"There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it."

"Hey... Didn't I see your name in the dictionary under 'Shazaam!'?"

"Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?"
(I know, this one is just wrong, but it's kinda funny)

"Wouldn't we look cute on a wedding cake together?"

"Hi. I'm Edward Cullen. Nuff' said."

Striped tee: LOFT.
Boyfriend jeans: LOFT.
Ballet Flats: Target.
Necklace: LOFT.
Earrings: F21.
Lip color: Mary Kay "Rich Red Rouge Profound".
Belly: Baby Rod. 25 weeks, 4 days.

I just need to let you all know that before the Mister was the Mister, he was a user (more like abuser) of pick up lines. 

I. Kid. You. Not. 

He once gave me a box of Hot Tamale candies that said, "You are one hot tamale" in an effort to get me to pay attention to him. I started paying attention to him, but it was more like being on the lookout for the guy in apartment #12 who wouldn't leave me alone. Haaa. 

And then we got married. The end.

Just kidding. Well, I'm not kidding about the story, but somewhere inbetween all that madness I realized he was a big ball of hunkiness and awesomeness that I just could not live without! I mean, how many guys do you know that are willing to put the time and energy into cheesy, little gifts? Probably your husband, which is precisely why you married him and which is why I married Matt.  Goodness, I love that man of mine!

Anyway, what's the best pick up line you've ever heard? Please humor us all and share your wildly hilarious dating stories.

P.S. Make sure to skippidy-doo over here to enter my $25 LOFT gift card giveaway! It ends this Saturday, so hurry up before you miss out!

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At October 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Maria V @SoNailicious said...

You look great darling! I wish I would look as happy and glowing as you do while pregnant! Is it a girl or a boy? babies they are so adorbale. My baby girl is now 4 months old:)
I wish you all the luck with your pregnancy! and stay in touch!
xx
http://crashingred.com

 
At October 11, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Melina said...

Your outfit is so adorable! Love the striped top and those flats are really cute. Your husband's pick up line was really sweet too! I adore a good pick-up line in an ironic sort of way!

xx Melina

 
At October 11, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Amy @ Amy Day to Day said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Love meeting new blogger friends. You are one darling pregnant girl, that's for sure! And yes, my pictures are Utah, but not Heber.

P.S. I wanted to reply to your comment via email, but your email address isn't linked to your blogger account. You should change that in your profile so we can reply to your comments. It's more fun that way! :)

 
At October 11, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Blogger LazyDruid said...

Well, he was never serious but an older guy at my last job [Steak n Shake] used terrible pick up lines on me every time he saw me. I'd just laugh. One time he handed me a napkin that just said "Hi Heather. Love Pauly"
He did the same thing to my brother. Haha.

 
At October 11, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger dear winsome said...

so the chloroform one is my all time favorite haha! these photos are too cute, you're so pretty. i love that your hubby was the cute creeper in the apt. building haha, i always wonder how people meet!

Krystle
http://dearwinsome.blogspot.com/

 
At October 11, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

You look so beautiful!!

 
At October 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Jerrica said...

You look lovely.

De,

Fashion Nostalgia

 
At October 11, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Blogger janel said...

I can't get enough of your cute belly! My hubby went and saw Eclipse with me, when Jacob would come on the screen and all the girls and old ladies would scream out (like it was a concert or something). I was so embarrassed! Anyway, sorry your story reminded me of that.

http://www.afoolforfashion.com/

 
At October 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Your belly is so cute! And I have never been to the Loft but I need to go because you get so many cute things there! Also, I love the pick up lines. Haha. Hilarious!

 
At October 11, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

You look all sorts of pretty Abbey!
And that's such a cute/ funny story. I honestly can't recall the last time someone used a pick up line on me. haha

 
At October 12, 2011 at 1:41 AM , Blogger Megan said...

my bf has an irish accent.

thus, no pick up lines necessary.

sometimes i dont even know what hes saying. but he sounds sexy when he is saying it.

 
At October 12, 2011 at 4:42 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

You look amazing! And some of those pick up lines were hilarious. I've thankfully never had someone try one of those cheesy lines on me. Usually hi works better than any of those!!

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger liz said...

I LOVE that necklace!

 
At October 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Lindsay Rondo said...

Ha ha . That is so funny he was a pick up line user. Guess it worked? And you look gorgeous with your bump!!

Lindsay

 
At October 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM , Blogger his little lady said...

these images are beautiful girl! and i love your outfit! ha, and nothing is better than the cheesy pick-me-ups!
xo TJ

 
At October 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Simply Camylla said...

You look so cute PREGO!!

Happy Wednesday,
Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

 
At October 12, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great look!love the necklace!

 
At October 12, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are too cute! I definitely did NOT look like this when i was pregnant. no mam. I know it's annoying when people say you are "cute" and your thinking "uh, i feel like a freaking cow but thanks." I really think you are so cute though, like out of control maternity model cute.

seriously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home