<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Christmas Party

12.23.2013

A Christmas Party


A couple of weekends ago we hosted a little Christmas gathering with a few of our pals. I wanted to share a few quick photos of the food and set up because, well, this is a blog and I was rather proud of my accomplishments since I rarely do this sort of thing. Also, the menu for our party was really easy to prepare and delicious, should you be scratching your head and troubling yourself with the age-old "what should I serve at our party?" question. I tried to add a little bit of everything so there were enough options and flavors, but not too many options.

First up for appetizers and sides, we had bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese (nom!), fruit bruschetta, and caprese. For the main course, we had slow cooked roast beef sandwiches and sweet potato fries. It wouldn't be a party without Mexican Coke to quench your thirst (and to give you a sugar hangover), and there was also water with cranberries to add a little color and a Christmas-y feel.

And what do you suppose we had for dessert? Our cutout sugar cookies, of course!

I am always in search of simple and tasty party foods, so what are your best go-to party goodies and tricks?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM , Anonymous Bethany said...

That menu sounds amazing! p.s. Love the new look of your blog! Merry Christmas!

 
At December 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Katie said...

This is so cute. One day when I have my own home I want to host little parties.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home