<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Beware Of Nair

3.12.2012

Beware Of Nair

Blouse: LOFT (similar). Skirt: Vintage. Tights: ASOS. Mary Janes: Madeline Stuart (similar). Jewelry. LOFT.
Chemical face burn hurts. A lot. It's similar to rug burn, and stings like a banshee.

Wondering how I know about this? 

Enter Nair facial cream.

It was obviously self-inflicted vanity, as I was attempting to remove unwanted facial hair. You see, postpartum hormones do funny things to your body, including hair production. For starters, I was genetically blessed with an abundance of hair. I am appreciative for the full, luscious locks that grace my head, however I am not so grateful for everything else that goes along with the abundant hair territory.

Waxing hurts. Electrolysis is synonymous with the electric chair. Laser hair removal would be at battle with the saving money cause. 

Standing in front of the shelves at Rite Aid, I found the solution to all my problems as the bottle of Nair shined brightly on display.

It made perfect sense. Painless, quick, and cheap. Yes, yes, and yes.

Fast forwarding 1 hour from the point of my Nair love affair...

What used to be my smooth upper lip was now the showroom for a gnarly, first-degree chemical burn. Quick and easy hair removal? Definitely. Painless? Not so much. Talk about ouchy. I had to keep a cold pack on it all night!

Moral of the story: Just get laser hair removal. It's worth it. And if you still don't believe me and decide to use Nair, make sure you follow the directions. They aren't kidding when they say don't leave the cream on longer than 10 minutes.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At March 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Ouch. Oh. my. gosh. And I thought that my trying to wax my own eyebrows was dangerous (although I still do have a totally disgusting scar between them as evidence... hoping that goes away).

Hope it starts to feel better soon.

Oh, the joys of being a woman.

 
At March 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OH NO!!! I DO know about chemical burns ... I have had some laser treatments for "fine lines". OUCH is right! Just last night my daughter was cutting several friends hair in our kitchen and she brought out the wax. Lots of brows, lip hair and chins ... definitely less of an ouch than a burn! But BOO to facial hair on girls anyway, right!?

 
At March 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am not going to lie, this made me laugh out loud.

I can't believe it was so painful, I hope you aren't too badly hurt. I used nair cream on my legs once and the smell just made me gag like for the full ten minutes--not glamourous!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Kira said...

Ouch! How long did it hurt/stay red?

 
At March 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Ouch that sounds so painful! The things we do for beauty! Sigh!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Daisy said...

ouch! Happend to me once, I kept telling people it was a big coldsore, hahaha.
Hope you're all better now.

 
At March 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

you look great love the outfit so lady like and ouch i wish i had the money for laser hair removal definitely on my list!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At March 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM , Blogger MissKait said...

totally love the pop of color in your tights.
so cute

xo kaitlin
kaitgirl

 
At March 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried the Olay version and it worked really well. Take care!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the burn! That sounds absolutely terrible. Def thinking twice before I purchase another product like that!

Nice blog btw! Love your red tights :)

KatiesBliss.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM , Anonymous Kristen said...

I needed a great laugh today...thank you thank you!! I had the same problems during my pregnancies/post pregnancies...ten years later.

I love your skirt!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger dreamsandjourney said...

Oh no funny lady! Ouch! I have this odd one hair on my chest that came post-preggers!? I hear ya!

 
At March 13, 2012 at 1:39 AM , Blogger Anna (South Molton St Style) said...

I just found your blog - love it! Agree with you on the laser hair removal. Love the name of your blog - mainly because I do actually walk along Abbey Road most days - it's right near my flat!

Lots of love from London! xx

South Molton St Style

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home