<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : The Bee's Knees

3.09.2012

The Bee's Knees

Trench: Nordstrom (similar). Tunic: Aerie. Skinnies: Anthropologie (similar). Flats: Target. Glasses: vintage (similar). Tote: Madewell.

Pictures hold some craycray stories. These pictures in particular.

Just to my right in the picture was a parked car waiting for some drugs of some sort. Well, that's what Matt and I surmised anyway. I am sure I was great entertainment for them as I bent and jumped all over the place. 

Posing for pictures with an audience is slightly perplexing, especially when said audience are thugs with shaved heads and eyes that could blow a bullet through you, more so than the machinery they are packing.

No, we don't live in southeast LA, but it appears that way. The city we live in is actually really nice, but that's apartment living for you. It doesn't help we live at the end where there is a conveniently  vacant lot for drug deals to go down (that large space directly behind me in the picture).

I even made my very first bust last week -- I have the safety of a baby to worry about now! It was incredibly satisfying to watch the PoPo roll in and interrogate the wee little pothead teenagers. You might say I'm the Bee's Knees. Hey, for all I know I just prevented an innocent kid doing something stupid, which could potentially have led to a life long struggle with addiction, turning them to the streets, all while being a teen mom. I always picture a horrible domino effect situation, just like those stupid DIRECTV commercials. I wouldn't want to play Platoon with Charlie Sheen either.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just love that jacket. You look fantastic!! Red + light denim is one of my favorite combinations.

 
At March 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Amanda M. said...

Haha!!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This made me laugh--they should thank you for your intervention.

Love your trench and glasses. I really need some new glasses and I want to get some different ones but not sure if I am brave enough and if I would look like I jumped late on the band wagon hmm...

 
At March 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Stesha said...

i have to have your trench!!!!

xxoo

 
At March 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

your soooo photogenic!!! :P

 
At March 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger jen@closetrivalry said...

i'm a regular reader, but am shy with the comments...however i have to say this outfit is lovely, and your story hilarious. thanks for the laugh.
Closet Rivalry

 
At March 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Reston Style said...

Great outfit! Congrats on making your first bust! Someone's got to teach teenagers a lesson ;)
-Liz
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

 
At March 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

Oh my gosh! I love this outfit! I really love the Aerie top and just spent 20 minutes seeing if it was still available online, but it isn't.

I loved your commentary about the thugs. I live near Disneyland (it's actually in my ward boundaries) and it is so strange that just a few blocks away from the happiest place on earth is the ghettoest place on earth. :)

 
At March 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Shorely Chic said...

loooove your blog! SO nice to see chic and mommy in the same blog :)

Liz @ Shorely Chic

 
At March 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Kira said...

Haha, those commercials crack me up although I hate that they gave Charlie Sheen a paying gig.

 
At March 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Blogger andrea brionne said...

umm okay you are adorable! and i'll just say, girl, you can totally pull off those glasses. :)

 
At March 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Colleen Sullivan said...

Yep, I'm totally an over analyzer too...especially now that I'm a mom. We've got to think about what we would do if the worst would happen so we can be prepared! At least thats what I tell myself about my crazinesses.

 
At March 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger kendra @ little almanac said...

Good for you! Since having Evelyn my mind is constantly on the danger alert!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger kendra @ little almanac said...

Good for you! Since having Evelyn my mind is constantly on the danger alert!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Tina Harns said...

Your stories are hilarious. Where in LA do you live?

xoxo

Tina

www.achaiforme.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

Hey girl,

Cute outfit btw. The BYU Blogger Meetup was a blast. That's awesome that you had some of your items there. It was so crowded that I wasn't even able to be in the room when they were calling out the winners so I didn't get a chance to see your stuff );

xo
Cecilia
dearest-lou.blogspot.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

what a cute jacket!!
www.alwayssaygrace.com

 
At March 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger My-cliffnotes said...

Love that bag, so freaking cute.

Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home