<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Sucks To Be That Person... Or Does It?

2.02.2012

Sucks To Be That Person... Or Does It?


**Note: I have no idea why I am writing this, but let's just say I am feeling inspired and hope it reaches someone in need. That's all I can chalk this up to.**

Lately I've been noticing some of the, for lack of a better word, crappy situations people find themselves in. Sometimes life just deals us meek individuals a losing hand. 

Like the guy behind the ad of an engagement ring. You know there is never a happy story to accompany the reason for the ad placement. Or how about even the little things, like being disconnected from a call after you've been waiting on hold for 40 minutes and you're number 2 in the queue? That's always a terrible feeling. The list goes on and on.

Here are some lyrics from one of my favorite songs, Fix You, by Coldplay.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?"

Often times it feels like it truly can't get any worse. We all encounter these obstacles. Some more than others, unfortunately. Call it Karma, Murphy's Law, or whatever you please. Bottom line, it happens to us all.

But, guess what?

There is always hope. There is always a new day to which we can look forward. It all boils down to perspective. We own the ability to reach into ourselves and pull out the good. Sure, it's much easier to let the negativity ooze from us like a poison when we are feeling down and out, but that never makes it better. Usually the toxic effects of our poor attitude take hold on those around us. And who wants that? Answer: nobody. 

Here are the ending lyrics to the song, showing that each problem contains its own solution.

"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"


Who are the lights? For me, it's Matt, precious little Luke, my parents, my siblings, my close friends, and my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior. I know I can turn to them and they will light a fire of hope and courage within me --igniting my bones, if you will, and turning those "crappy" situations into the sweetest moments of a lifetime. And do you know what?

It fixes me every time.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i needed this today. my little sister is often my light. she's amazing.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Melu103 said...

this is such a beautiful post
full of strong words and to top it
off that beautiful picture at the end
that just made me smile ♥



xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Just what I needed at the end of a long and very crappy day. Thank you for your beautiful words and your inspiring post. I do have a lot to be thankful for. I may never have the beautiful baby pictures to put in a post but I believe that God won't bring me to it, if He is not going to bring me through it.

Have a blessed day. Much love from sunny South Africa.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous photo! and a beautiful post!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Amira said...

I adore that song, and those photos are gorgeous!

 
At February 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

I definitely needed this today - you are totally awesome.
You have no idea.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely post. Thanks for shining your light today.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Kodi ODay said...

This is one of my favorite songs!
Thank you for your insight, definitely something I needed to hear today<3

 
At February 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

first off - those pictures are incredible. how sweet can you get?!
Secondly, thank you for this! It was truly heartwarming :)

<3
http://thoserootsandwings.blogspot.com

 
At February 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

beautiful post really helped to brighten my day and make me think about the lights in my life, adorable photos of luke he is too cute!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At February 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Karen Mortensen said...

Very wise words today. Thank you. Very uplifting.

 
At February 3, 2012 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

Love this - Fix You is my very favorite song in the whole world.

When Coldplay played at their concert in October, I absolutely lost it and just started bawling. Yep, I'm a softy :)

xxx
Jenna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home