<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Beaches, Presidents, And Awkward People

1.09.2012

Beaches, Presidents, And Awkward People

Jacket: LOFT. Tee: LOFT. Flower belt: Sprightly So. Bracelets: LOFT. Unflattering, but oh-so-comfy maternity pants: Target.

How many of you are hating the snow and the frigid winter weather in your area? You should totally come out to California. It has been in the 70's and perfect for long walks on the beach. Obviously. 

I just realized I forgot to share my awesome resolutions for 2012 with all ya'll. I used my bucket list for inspiration. That list needs some lines scratched through it!

Resolution #1: Memorize all the U.S. presidents.

My proposed strategy is to memorize 4 per month. I would like to get their term dates in there too, but I don't know if that's going to happen. I'll be happy with just knowing each one. This is what I've been chanting to myself every morning in the shower...

"George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison"

Resolution #2: Stop getting overwhelmingly embarrassed for awkward people.

This may sound like a weird goal, but it is something that has always bugged me. You see, I have a serious problem with getting super humiliated for people, to the point where I lower my head with my hands in my face and cringe. I do it all the time, whether it's watching TV, observing someone make an idiot of themselves, or even watching a fictional movie scene that's not even real! 

I've had enough of it. I resolve to stare these situations straight in the face and be the bold person that is completely involved with the terrible reality of the situation. I think it will build character.

And after all, isn't that what resolutions are for?


Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

CUUTIEEE!!!<3

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Ana said...

I'm gonna need to memorize all the presidents name in a near future too, but for the citizenship test... So, I might as well copy your resolution and try to memorize their names little by little now!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Haha, love these. I especially love the second one. Awkward people are just so... awkward, ya know? It makes me feel really bad for them, and I can't really handle it most of the time, so I just do what you do.
Cute pictures, by the way!

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

great resolutions and lovely photos you look so adorable! i wish i was walking along the beach sadly ny is way too cold for that!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At January 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

You look beautiful! And these are some great resolutions! Very creative lol!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At January 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha!! i LOVE #2. love it.

you look simply lovely, lady.

cheers.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awww... seriously CUTE CUTE CUTE!

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

 
At January 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever seen the movie Blue Valentine? Kind of a strange movie but there is a song in it that lists all of the presidents and it's kinda catchy...might help you accomplish your goal :-)

So jealous of your weather...in NY it's 35 and snowy...

http://www.fufstyle.blogspot.com

 
At January 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Kira said...

That is so funny, I totally get embarrassed like that too even though it has nothing to do with me and is usually in fictional circumstances.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Karen Mortensen said...

Cute pictures. Just hope the last president is only there once.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM , Blogger Jenna said...

I love the flower belt - It's so so cute!

My boyfriend also often becomes uber humiliated for people, to the extent that he will refuse to watch shows like American Idols because he just can't stand the embarassment!

xoxo
Jenna

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

Love your resolutions!! :D

xxx

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I cringe too, I thought it was just me--and if it gets really awkward I have been known to walk away as I can't bear to stay and watch it.

If you figure a way of solving it please let me know.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

thanks for making all of jealous over california. boo you. ;)

xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home