<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dazed And Somewhat Confused

12.29.2011

Dazed And Somewhat Confused

 Scarf: Sprightly So.
1960's Vintage Ray-Ban Case: Sprightly So.

Vintage World Globe: Sprightly So.

*Just a sneak peek of my favorites from the new vintage items up in the shop


For the last 9 months I have been reading pregnancy forums up the wazoo, or in my case, up the utero (ha! I am totally that person who laughs at their own lame jokes).

One thing I have wondered about the entire time and only bothered to look up now that I'm almost done is all the label business.

I have sat many nights, scratching my head and wondering,

"What the crap is a DH? Designated hitter? What's this DD nonsense? Daisy dukes? I'm missing something huge here"

You see, I have some extremely odd pet peeves. I kind of hate it when people abbreviate words. Like, I hate it a lot. I literally get goosebumps, just as a normal person would when hearing nails on a chalkboard, whenever the people at Little Ceaser's say,

"Ooooonne pep, coming right up!" 

Yuuuuuggggg.
(that's my version of getting the heeby-jeebies)

It's not 'pep'. It's PEPPERONI!!!

Okay, I'm getting off track here, but my point is that I kind of hate stupid, acronym-type abbreviations too. Depending on what it is though. See, I told you it's a weird pet peeve. It's like a selective pet peeve. And even then I find myself saying and doing things I thought I hated. Don't worry, I'm the first to admit that I am a hypocrite sometimes, but c'mon... aren't we all? Just a little?

Anyway, DH (dear husband) and DD (dearest daughter) and all that other stuff kind of fall into that pet peeve list. Unless it is just a bunch of fed-up, pregnant ladies that are referring to their family members with sarcasm. Then I can understand the need to say "dear husband... that I want to punch in the face for doing this to me". If you haven't noticed by now, I have definitely become that pregnant lady who is highly irritable and a little bit mean. Sorry, but I'm just being honest with you all! Let's just blame it on the hormones.

Overall, language these days is getting confusing. I'm having a hard time keeping up, and I consider myself to be a pretty tech-savvy youngster. Poor old folks. Mom and Dad, if you are reading this, I feel your pain. Let's just stick to talking on the phone the old fashioned way, shall we?

Well my DR's (dear readers), it's been fun but I G2G. TTYL! LYL!

;)

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At December 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

Hahaha, wow. Love this. And I laughed at your lame joke, too.

 
At December 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Ha, I totally agree. Sometimes people shorten things so much that nothing makes sense anymore!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At December 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Melu103 said...

haha oh my god!
now you made me think about all the times
i emailed you back and left comments because
i abbreviate words a lot! haha sorry! i love
you ♥♥ haha





xoxo
Melina ♥

 
At December 29, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Angela Alvarez said...

this is so lovely! :D:D
you have a great blog! i am following you now!
xx
fashionbit

 
At December 29, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

i tend to do the selective thing too i can't help it sometimes i think i just get upset when everyone else in the world knows what it means but me and i wonder where on earth i've been?! great post and loving the new shop such cute stuff!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At December 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving the scarf, very pretty!!

xx

 
At December 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Blogger MissKait said...

hehe this post was cute...and i have to say that joke was a little bit funny to me too!
you're darling

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

 
At December 30, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Alexis Kaye said...

OH MY GOSH! We've gotten so lazy can't even say the whole word!!ha! We have outlook at work (an instant message thing) and sometimes I talk to this girl who talks in acronyms. it's so annoying. I have to google everything she says. I am learning a lot though. SMH shake my head. That's the new one I learned yesterday! But SOOO exciting that you're pregnant. I'm baby hungry! Give the little one a hug for me when they arrive!

 
At December 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Mindee said...

haha I agre with you girl!! I NEVER knew what DH meant until now, thankyou! And I always guessed that DD was due date?! Silly shortcute words...what were they thinking?

You look so great and pregnancy looks amazing on you! Hope your 3 weeks left of being pregnant are wonderful. I bet youre SO excited to meet your little man!! CONGRATS!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home