<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Eat, Drink, And Be Jolly

12.19.2011

Eat, Drink, And Be Jolly

 This last Friday, The Mister and I spent our afternoon and evening in labor and delivery.

It all started with my usual NST (non-stress test) appointment. I go to them twice a week because I have hypothyroidism. Basically they monitor the baby's heart rate, contractions, and finish with an ultra sound to ensure fluid levels are adequate. 

Anyway, I was having contractions about every 10 minutes on the monitor. The nurse was concerned, as I was barely 35 weeks, so she checked to see if I was beginning to dilate and efface. I was only dilated to 1 cm and not effaced, but they still decided to keep me in triage to monitor the contractions. We ended up staying there for 4 hours because at one point the contractions became increasingly strong, about 5 minutes apart for almost an hour. I began freaking out a little, with the increasing reality that we could be going home with a baby when we left. The Mister and I had a moment of fear, excitement, and apprehension all at once. We'd been waiting anxiously for Baby Rod's arrival, but we weren't exactly mentally prepared for what the monitors and contractions were telling us--that he was planning his debut within the next day.

Then, all of a sudden, the contractions stopped. Almost completely. Nurse Sue came in with a dumb-founded look on her face, as she was expecting our little guy to make his debut as much as we were. 

I was relieved to find that he wasn't ready to come out just yet. Even though he weighs 6+ lbs and it would be so fun to finally meet him, I want baby to stay in just a couple of more weeks so he can develop his little lungs and brain better.

I am still having contractions, so they put me on bed rest. It is working on keeping the contractions at bay, but that means I can't stay a busy-bee like I am accustomed too. 

Do you think that stopped us from having our Christmas party this weekend though? Of course not! I always have a way of working around things. That thing is called having The Mister cook and bake. He did ALL of it. Isn't he amazing?


The menu consisted of:
slow-cooked BBQ roast beef sandwiches (recipe here),
chips,
bottled root beer,
and the most amazing spread of
snickerdoodles,
PB cookies,
chocolate crinkles,
and fudge.

He wasn't very happy about me taking his picture, but I had to brag. After all, he is the world's best husband :)

Even though it was a crazy weekend, we ended it by eating great food and spending quality time with friends. Boy oh boy, do I love the holidays!

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Oh wow! You certainly had an exciting weekend!

 
At December 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh goodness! I'm happy he decided to stay put for a little while longer! What a busy weekend you had! Aren't husbands amazing though? My husband totally stepped up to the plate when I had my back surgery and it still dumbfounds me! Talk about unconditional love! So glad you found such a keeper :)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

thats super impressive - what a champ :)
love,
elisabeth
http://lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com/

 
At December 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

looks lovely and hopefully when he's ready to come out he's all nicely developed!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At December 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM , Blogger lrbodine said...

I'm glad the little guy is staying put! He needs a little more time to develop. You look so cute pregnant though!

 
At December 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow! what an exciting weekend! you look adorable. :)

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At December 20, 2011 at 1:32 AM , Blogger GoNcha GoNcha said...

you had an exciting weekend! baby is on the way.
have a Cupcake sweet day!
http://gonchagoncha.blogspot.com/

 
At December 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

Awww... you look amazing!

xxx

 
At December 20, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Melu103 said...

awwwwwwwwwww baby is almost here!
hang in there buddy! you will come out soon enough!

=D food looks really good love
did you crave anything during your pregnancy?



xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At March 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Emily said...

i just found your blog today and went back through some old posts and found that you have hypothyroidism, so do i and i'm totally curious what your dr has you do while youre pregnant. i had a stillborn precious baby boy in october and just miscarried again recently. i do weekly blood tests as soon as we know and my thyroid is pretty easy to regulate after so long of having it. did you have to do anything before you were pregnant to make your hormones stronger? you and your little family are adorable! id love to hear any advice or your story with that!!

carlandemily.blogspot.com
or emilyfillerup@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home