<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Judgment

12.11.2011

Judgment



You ever experience those moments when someone says something that hits straight to the heart, almost as if it was directly intended for you? Today was one of those days.

Passing judgment is something I fall prey to very easily. Many times I find my mind filled with snarky thoughts and assumptions toward people, when I have nothing to base it on but what is happening in the present. The problem with condemning people is that we have no idea what drove those people to their situations and conditions. We only see what is put before our eyes, not the entire story. 

I like to use the analogy of puzzle pieces. If I were to see a small section of a puzzle that was brown and murky looking, I would automatically run to the conclusion that the picture would be one of ugliness with no aesthetic appeal. But, if I stayed a little longer, put some time and energy into completing the puzzle, I would find that it was actually part of something beautiful--a lush, colorful garden perhaps, where the brown was the necessary dirt the flowers grew in.

This same situation applies to our visions of people, at least for me it does. If I just took a little time and compassion on people, I would see them for their beauty and realize that we all have a little dirt in our lives. We all do.

In light of the Christmas season, I am going to strive to be more like Christ. The greatest gift I can give to Him is to love with charity and fullness of heart as he did. That means no more judgmental thoughts and words, and more looking into the lives of others with compassion to see how I can help them.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

Girl, I couldn't have said it better myself. I have this problem, too, and I know that I need to get better. It's something that's so hard to overcome, and something that almost all of us do every single day without realizing it! Good thing we've got Heavenly Father on our side, answering our prayers and helpin' us out!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 6:14 PM , Blogger The Mrs. and The Momma said...

I one-hundred percent agree with your post. It is so easy to make quick judgements and so hard not to. Very well said...as we're all children of our Heavenly Father. Happy Holidays!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Karen Mortensen said...

Wonderful. A good reminder to all of us.

 
At December 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

What an inspirational thought for this wonderful season. It is so hard not to jump to judgments but it is definitely something that is so important to keep from doing.

 
At December 11, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

A fantastic way to think about things. I too am trying to work on being less judgemental, and instead focus on being happy with myself.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home