<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Motherhood Right Now

1.29.2015

Motherhood Right Now


Last night as I put Luke down for bed, I watched him drift away into sleep. His eyes were heavy and the dark of night blanketed the room. As he was fiddling with the corners of his mimi, a smile of satisfaction and contentment appeared on his face. I could see him playing the events of the day in his mind, and it made my heart swell seeing his happiness radiate through the shadows.

And I found myself thinking, This is my favorite phase. 

But, honestly, it seems that every phase is my favorite. I love each and every moment with Luke and Wes. From the tiny newborn toes, to the silly conversations with a toddler, it is all a precious gift. And it's funny, because I always seem to get sad and nostalgic thinking about them getting older. That maybe it won't be as sweet or special as right now.


But that is the magic of motherhood. It is made up of thousands of "right nows" to paint the beautiful story of life as a mom. Each stage holds its own breakthroughs, lessons and memories.

I am so excited to hear about their first soccer goal, their first crush, or what major they want to study. I can't wait for the days when they learn to ride a bike or when our fridge will be stocked with enough food to feed a small army because they will be starving teenagers. It's all those little things.


Most importantly, I want to fully enjoy each day in the present with Luke and Wes. Time can get lost dwelling in the past, and worries can take over my mind as I ponder the future. The real treasure is motherhood right now, just as it is in its imperfect and wonderful state.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At January 29, 2015 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Hollands Reverie said...

I so needed to hear this today- I get very wrapped in how much I love the now, and how I want to just stay here forever. I know the beauty come in the changes though- in growing and evolving. Anyway- really beautiful!

www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

 
At January 29, 2015 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Lived With Love said...

I totally agree.. sometimes I feel like Sienna's life has flashed before my eyes and I don't remember anything from her tiny days.. I feel like I can't take each day in enough!

 
At January 29, 2015 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh I totally agree.
Great words Abby. You've inspired me to do a RIGHT NOW link on my own blog.
May I link my readers to yours?

 
At January 29, 2015 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Kelly Ann said...

This is perfectly said! My twins are almost one + I find myself getting caught up in dwelling in this past year or pondering the future instead of living right in the moment. I know someday I will look back when they are grown + wish so badly that I can go back to when they were the age they are now again. Loved this. Xx

 
At January 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the fleeting moments that make up motherhood!

-Chanelle :: thekimchronicles.com

 
At January 31, 2015 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Holland! I am glad it inspired you :) xo

 
At January 31, 2015 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Exactly! Each day is so incredibly special :)

 
At January 31, 2015 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank so much, Sandra! I would be honored to have you link over. And I agree that it is a good idea for a post series even! That way we can remember all of the "right nows" that we might not remember in a few years. :)

 
At January 31, 2015 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you loved it! Twins must be even more of a whirlwind in feeling like times passes quickly. Thanks for reading, friend! xo

 
At January 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

They are the best! xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home