<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Black And Grey

9.08.2014

Black And Grey










This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, InStyle, Vogue and Elle, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #inspirefallfashion http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Mossimo Blocked Sweatshirt in Black/White
Mossimo Textured Skirt
Mossimo Gail Ankle Strap Open Pump
Merona Geometric Clutch (this one is similar)
Xhilaration Round Sunglasses

If there is one thing to know about fashion, it's that September is basically its holy month. New York Fashion Week explodes in NYC, and of course the fashion Bible comes out. Yes, I am talking about the one and only September Issue of Vogue. (There is even a documentary about it! You should watch it. Anna Wintour really is scary.)

Since I am extremely intimidated by events such as NYFW (I seriously think I would need, like, three Xanax before stepping into that concrete jungle of aggressively dressed fashion mavens), I stick to my magazines. Vogue and InStyle have always, always been my prized fashion reads. You see, Vogue is for oooing and awing at all of the sparkly, shiny things. I swear I can smell the leather of the bags rising from the pages. InStyle is more my jam where I draw my everyday style inspiration, since they incorporate high and low pieces together into real life, workable outfits. Sure, a lot of it is still mostly high for my clothing budget since we have things like student loans and college for two kids to save for, but hey, a girl can improvise, right?

I thought it would be fun to recreate a look featured in InStyle on a small budget price range. The main trend I noticed was no fuss, no frills and clean lines. With a lot of black, white and grey. Taking that all into consideration, I decided to go with this boyfriend fit sweater and a flirty skirt with almond toe heels. You know, go outside of my usual outfit box of jeans and flat shoes of some sort!

It was actually a blast digging through racks to match the look best I could — kind of like a fashion scavenger hunt, if you will. I even managed to escape the grips of a toddler and baby, and get gussied up in heels! That is newsworthy information! That's it, I am declaring today a holiday! And using it as an excuse to eat some cake! But really though, in all seriousness I love the way this look turned out. It was sleek and sophisticated, and the black and grey combo cannot be beat. (And neither can an entire outfit for $100.)

I highly recommend you go pick yourself up a copy of Vogue and InStyle this week for your dose of shnazzy fashion. Right now at Target when you purchase two fall fashion magazines (choice of Vogue, InStyle, and/or ELLE) you get a $5 gift card, which you will then probably go buy some shoes with. I would if I were you — we can be shoe twins! The promotion goes through September 13. Happy reading and styling!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 8, 2014 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Janelle said...

This outfit is so cute on you! Target is a total gold mine for cute & affordable clothes!

www.janelleinreallife.com

 
At September 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Kelsey Bang said...

abbey! looking super cute! love that sweater top! so darling!
kelseybang.com

 
At September 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Janelle! It really is like hitting the jackpot every single time.

 
At September 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Christina! xo

 
At September 8, 2014 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Kelsey! I loved your look today as well! Always so chic and crisp.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home