<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

9.02.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday






1. Yesterday on our walk back to the parking lot from a long and sweaty day at Disneyland, I stopped by Sephora to take a gander at all of the wonderful beauty products I never knew I was missing. Somehow I ended up in the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow section, and the Dipbrow Pomade changed my world. Have you tried that stuff? Holy eyebrow paradise! Makes for the fullest, archiest brows in all the land. Move over, Lily Collins! My brows are growing out and coming back with a vengeance!

2. Fact: According to a study, women's tears have been found to reduce testosterone and arousal in men (source). They theorized that the evolutionary effect of tears could be linked to menstruation. Women clearly cry more during that time of the month, which is obviously not the most effective time to have sex since getting knocked up probably ain't happening, and is obviously the most ideal time to decrease sexual arousal in your partner. Do what you will with this information, ladies, but don't tell your significant other I told you! ;)

3. So, what do you think about all of the celebrity photo hacking? I find it absolutely unnerving that their clouds were able to be accessed, and I also find it interesting that Apple has yet to release a statement about it. (Or at least they haven't yet as I am writing this at 11 pm on Monday night.) Seems more like may the odds be never in your favor, JLaw. 

4. Do you ever have those moments where you swear your Pandora station (I am not really a Spotify person — you could say I like the element of surprise) is peering into your soul and plays everything nostalgic and dear to you? Right in a row? That was last night. Every love song that I've ever weeped and rejoiced over played, like, for over an hour in consecutive order. Don't know if the universe is trying to communicate something to me, but I had butterflies in my stomach for a solid 45 minutes. The one that really tugged at my heart was "This Year's Love" by David Gray. That song holds so many memories and a special place in my soul, and the ironic part is I haven't heard it in years. My heart practically thumped out of my chest. Music is incredible, and I love the power it has to bring about a vivid rush of emotions and memories. That, and scents. 

5. Would you rather lose your ability to speak or read?

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At September 2, 2014 at 6:55 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

I love everything about this look! Those boots are gorgeous and I love the pants! I need to get a hat for fall too!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At September 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Gentri said...

I love tuesdays because of your blog. :) And I would rather lose my ability to speak, I'm a quiet person, anyways.
I love this outfit, so much!! I just want to raid your closet.

 
At September 2, 2014 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

literally gasped when i saw that hat. oh gosh it's perfect. also, your brows are fab. i need some of what you're using!

 
At September 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your hair is so gorgeous! I need these pants.


Nightchayde

 
At September 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE this look! that hat looks so amazing on you!

www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

 
At September 2, 2014 at 12:30 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Those pants are stunning!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At September 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Kelly Jane said...

LOVE DAVID GRAY. I saw him in concert in college and it was magical. Also--please tell me what Pandora station you were listening to...I think I would love it. :)

 
At September 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

Can you be any prettier? You seriously need to stop it <3 Love this outfit.

-
Cecilia
Dearest Lou

 
At September 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#6 almost feels like a barometer for whether someone trends more to introvert or extrovert, doesn't it? I immediately decided I would rather lose my ability to speak (although, hopefully, that does not include laughter!)

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you do! A good hat is an absolute fall staple! :)

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, thanks Gentri! I am totally with you on losing the ability to speak thing. Can we just trade closets? K, thanks! ;)

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, friend! Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade is where it's at!

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, friend! xo

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Rhiannon!!

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Shannon! :)

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh, he speaks to my soooulll! It is the Angus & Julia Stone station. HIGHLY recommend it. Like, it will change your world.

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, Cecilia, you are so sweet! I think you're the PRETTIEST, so that makes me feel special coming from you. Thank you! :) xo

 
At September 5, 2014 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're totally right. I am an introvert through and through, so both of us could just sit in our own corners, read books and be happy about life ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home