<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Dear Wes

8.28.2014

Dear Wes









Dear Wes,

Today you are 10 months on the dot! (What the heck, kid? Quit that growing stuff already!) You still have rolls on your forearms and your ankles that would suggest we put elastic bands around them, meaning you are still very much deserving of the nickname, Chubby Dubby. That can only be attributed to the fact that you eat more than your brother and dad — combined! I think macaroni is your favorite food based on all the yelling that is involved for more even after you've scarfed down a pan.

Every morning you like to snuggle in bed with me, your dad, and brother to sing a lovely rendition of "Patty Cake." The way you flick your hands to and fro trying to roll the dough is the best part. Whenever we are all laughing at a joke, you make sure to add in your hearty, fake laugh that just makes everyone laugh even harder.

You have only your two front teeth. I like to think you are celebrating Christmas early, and I think the gap between your teeth when you give us a gummy smile (which is pretty much most of the time) is the cutest thing around... especially paired with the aforementioned laugh.

I love to watch you sleep. It reminds me of the day you were born and that you are still my teeny tiny baby. The way you suckle while dreaming sweet dreams makes me want to kiss those perfectly puckered lips. And just last night, I walked in to take a peek at you and you had your head perfectly placed on a square plush toy just like a pillow. It's those little things.

Pulling yourself up on everything is currently your jam. (And finding the dog food, no matter how stealthily it has been removed.) For some crazy reason, you've decided the bathtub is the best place to pull yourself to a kneeling/standing position, which also illustrates that you have an adventurous spirit about you.

You love to nurse. I am convinced you will want to breastfeed until you are five if I let you, and since that won't be happening, it's delightful to cherish those moments, just you and me. Your eyes are as piercing as crystals when you look up at me with those long lashes brushing along your eyelids. Most of the time you like to sit your foot on my chest and kick it back and forth so it makes a "pat, pat, pat" sound on my skin. And you will occasionally rub your eyes with your foot as well. Yes, you are wacky and silly and that is precisely what I love about you.

Even from just a few weeks old, I knew you had a strong sense of conviction and determination. It's the Scorpio in you, and I immensely look forward to the person you will grow to be. I can't wait for the deep conversations we will share, to see your zest for life in the spark of your eyes, and to watch your life all unfold as you accomplish your dreams. I know you have big things in store, Wes. It's written in your stars.

I love you so much, my darling boy. Never, ever forget that.

Love,
Mama

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At August 28, 2014 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous post! and those photos are amazing!

www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

 
At August 28, 2014 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aww I love this post. So sweet. What a cutie!


Nightchayde

 
At August 28, 2014 at 6:14 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

Such gorgeous photos!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At August 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Good Life Blog said...

What do you use to edit your photos? They are always fantastic!

 
At August 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

Aww! Love!

 
At August 28, 2014 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Jenna Leigh said...

he's gotten so big! You both look so cute together :)

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Rhiannon! xo

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much, friend! xo

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks a ton, Christina!

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I use the A Beautiful Mess actions for Photoshop. I HIGHLY recommend them. Takes your photos to the next level!

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

xoxoxo!

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I know, he is HUUUGGE! Thanks, Jenna! :)

 
At August 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Katie said...

gorgeous photos of you and wes! so sweet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home