<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Wraparound Twist Hair Tutorial

8.27.2014

Wraparound Twist Hair Tutorial


As a mom, you generally have two options for hair: throw it up in a ratty bun or ponytail, or hide it under a hat or headband of some sort. (It gets even more bleak if you have shorter hair like I do.) Sure, there are some mothers out there who manage to wash their hair every day and look glamorous, but I am definitely not one of those moms. 

One day after getting fed up with the same fugly hair thing going on day in and day out, I lurked through Pinterest to find a quick and cute hairstyle that works with short to medium length hair. Since I am no hair guru and don't know how to do fancy braids, I played around with some looks until I mastered a twist thingamabob that turned out to be a fantastically happy accident. And that is how the wraparound twist hairstyle was born. 

If you follow me on Instagram (you totally should if you want to see a million pictures of the two cutest fellas in the world, Luke and Wes!), I shared this hairstyle a week or so ago, and today I give you the tutorial! As promised, it's so easy a three-year old can do it. 

To do this wrap around hair style you will need:

5-10 bobby pins
Hairspray
Dry shampoo (if your hair is really fine and sleek and needs some grip)



Step 1: Brush your hair so it is smooth, and part your hair in the middle or slightly to the side. Spray in some dry shampoo if your hair is fine and needs some texture and grip.

Step 2: Grab a one-inch thick piece of hair at the top and split it into two. Starting at the top by your part, take the piece that is nearest your part and pull it away from your face, crossing it over the top of the other piece.

Step 2: Pick up about a one inch piece of hair into the bottom piece. Now twist that piece over so it is on top and pick up a one inch of hair on the bottom. (Kind of like you would with a French braid, but this is waaaayyy easier since you only have two pieces to twist the entire time.) Keep doing the cross over and pick up until you reach the middle back of your head.

Step 3: Secure the twist with bobby pins. I put about two or three short bobby pins to secure it at the back and one near my ear to keep the twist close to my head. Also, please note my lovely postpartum hair loss growing in! One of the many pleasures of having babies, which reminds me that I have the yummiest postpartum hair mask recipe coming soon. (How 'bout you, Sideburns? You want summa dis milk?)

Step 4: Repeat steps 2-3 on the other side of your head. Wrap the two twisted pieces that meet together in the back under one another and pin. Once they are both pinned in the back, go through and secure any loose ends or wacky hairs sticking out of place. Spray generously with hairspray to smooth out frizz and hold it in place.

Ta-da! You now have a fabulous hairdo that looks great, takes only a couple of minutes to do, and could easily land you a role in the next Jane Austen flick — move over, Keira!

Be sure to leave me a comment or tag me in your photos if you try this look out. I would love to see how you other gals and mamas style your wraparound twist hair! Enjoy!


Image Map

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 27, 2014 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm - i wonder how it would work with much longer hair ... i'll have to try and let you know :)

 
At August 29, 2014 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! I'm often too lazy or tired to do anything to my hair in the morning, so I leave it down. I'd love to try something super simple like this to add variety to my lackluster hair (:

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You would probably just have to tuck the extra length under! I want to see how it looks! :)

 
At August 30, 2014 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! I hope you try it and love it!

 
At May 23, 2015 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have a good technique for pinning extra hair under at the base? I have about 2-3 inches I need to do something with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home