<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Strolling Encinitas

3.06.2013

Strolling Encinitas


On Monday we took a grand stroll along Highway 101 and played tourist guide to my parents. If you haven't been to Encinitas, add it to your list of places to peruse. The shops and restaurants are quaint, individual and very much in favor of the small business mindset (which we love and fully support!). I have been wanting to introduce and share my go-to spots around Encinitas more often, so consider this an official pledge in doing so! And consider this officially setting the record straight for the hundredth time that we do not live in Provo :)
 
One of my favorite spots is the spice shop, Savory Spice Shop. The aesthetic is the kind that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, and the moment you step foot in the door the aroma of exotic spices floods your senses. I frequent this place maybe a liiittle too much, but I have some yummy posts coming your way -- things like lavender infused honey, a natural face scrub, my favorite tea essentials... doesn't it just sound delicious? Oh, it will be. 

We also made a mandatory pit stop at our best-loved spot for a sweet treat, Bubby's Gelato. The French lady who owns it is an absolute darling and has owned and operated the place for over 30 years! They make everything there in the shop, and her French accent is even more creamy and delectable than the gelato. Oh, how I wish I could speak French! It's on my bucket list. I just bought a vintage Basic Conversational French book that will be my bosom buddy this summer at the beach. Anyway, make sure you try the Vanilla Rose if you stop by. To. Die. For.

The visit from mes parents (did you see what I did there... French!) was far too short, as it always is, but much-needed. I shed a few tears as we waved goodbye, but we will see them again soon. I hate goodbyes. Always have. They turn me into a sobbing, blubbering mess. What's the trick to being good at goodbyes? Or is it I wear all my emotions on my sleeves more than the average joe? 

Sigh.

Until next time!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At March 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Mrs. Dice said...

Fun to hear about places to visit! Just moved to Oceanside and I remember seeing Encinitas on a sign coming from the airport...can't wait to explore this area! I love your blog and think it would be so fabulous to run into you someday ( and I totally mean that in a nice, non-stalker-ish kind of way lol) :)

 
At March 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

adorable photos! i too hate goodbyes i always end up a crying mess.

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM , Blogger henning love said...

what a great afternoon! i love visiting encinitas and that spice store is so cool

 
At March 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love your photos. Everything looks so pretty and that gelato shop sounds fabulous.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Enter our Retro Designed Pencil Sharpener Giveaway

 
At March 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM , Blogger CeCe said...

Beautiful shots! Encinitas really is beautiful and i love wandering into all kinds of random shops. I haven't been in a while.

 
At March 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lovely pics! I like your blog
following you now!
xoxo
straplessandpeeptoesmgj.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM , Blogger fabulouspetite said...

beautiful shots. the baby is just so adorable. it's always nice to just go to this little shops...

xo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Kelsey Bang said...

Amazing pictures! This all looks so fun!

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Cate @ Wild Ruffle said...

Oh, these photos are gorgeous! I would love that little spice shop - how fun!

 
At March 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've heard great things about that spice shop! I love Encinitas. And great pictures!
www.shannonheartsblog.com

 
At March 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

my little guy has that same fox sweater! too cute!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

 
At March 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jill J. said...

Yay...I love this post so much because I live in Encinitas and I love the Savory Spice Shop. We always stop in and find something fun. I just love roaming around the area and then stopping into Chuao for a treat. :)

So happy to have your blog...I love finding SD ladies! Esp ones that love Encinitas.

Jill
Classy with a Kick

 
At March 9, 2013 at 1:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely pictures


Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

Coline ♡

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home