<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Curious George And The (Wo)man In The Yellow Hat

10.29.2012

Curious George And The (Wo)man In The Yellow Hat

Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat Costume
Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat Costume Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat Costume

The moment I clicked the 'place order' button for Luke's costume back in September, my giddy, childish excitement almost burst at the seams waiting for this moment.

We're pretty big Curious George fans over here, so what would be more appropriate than being Curious George and the (Wo)man in the Yellow Hat? You're right. Nothing.

Friday night was the annual Trunk or Treat at our church (where you trick or treat in the parking lot at the makeshift scary doorsteps otherwise known as the trunk). As the sun started to set, our signal to put on our Halloween best approached. We garbed up, grabbed our trusty pumpkin bucket, and off we went to gather our 2 pieces of candy for pictures sake.

You see, I'd been waiting for this moment my whole life in a way. Ever since my own wee days of trick or treating, I used to visualize my future days of dressing up for Halloween with my babies (gosh, I'm so maternal). And this wasn't a thing I did for every holiday. It was just Halloween in particular. I guess there is just something about a baby in costume that tugs at my heart strings.

So there we were, creating the memories that had previously only lived in my overactive imagination. Luke's head whipped in every direction trying to process all the crazy and ghoulish costumes at every turn, his tiny hand half half clenched to his pumpkin pail. His very first ever "trick or treat" was greeted by a smiling grandpa and a handful of candy that Matt and I would later enjoy. Truly a trick for Luke and a treat for us. We boogied and twirled in the fake smoke that is exclusive to an iconic Halloween party, and by the end of it we had a sleeping monkey in our arms.

Lucky for us, Halloween still hasn't officially graced us with its presence, so there is a good chance we'll be back with more pictures (and I really mean better) from trick or treating with cousins. After all, what type of mommy blogger would I be if I didn't get a non-flash/non-grainy/non-blurry picture of our Halloween costumes?

Until then!

(For more high-quality photos of our costume, click over to this post!)

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At October 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually just said "awwww" out loud at the sight of luke in his costume. so cute!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Joke said...

He's adorable, Abbey.

 
At October 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

That's SUCH a cute idea!!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is soo stinkin cute!! love your costume!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Dox said...

Omg, you both look so cute!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Rosy said...

These are such cute costumes and your son looked adorable!!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger kendra @ little almanac said...

you guys look adorable!!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I actually just AWW'ed out loud. Perfect costumes for both of you!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Shawna Faye said...

How cute! It's so easy to come up with cute kid costumes but I'm always stumped when trying to come up with a coordinating costume for myself. Kudos for your creativeness. :)

 
At October 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Blogger SassAFrass said...

SUCH a cute costume idea.

 
At October 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

So cute! Great pictures!

www.thestylestorm.com

xo, Christina

 
At October 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous jordansyed said...

so nice .
blog i like it .
empowernetwork

 
At October 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Gentri said...

Oh this is so so cute!! I love it!

 
At October 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable! He is the cutest thing! You are one lucky momma:)

 
At October 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Van Nguyen said...

That's such a great costume idea. You look great and so does your son.

 
At October 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM , Blogger Deanne Marie said...

I am sure this has to be one of the cutest costumes idea I have seen in a long time! I absolutely love it. What a fun memory that was created for your family. :) I can't wait to see the pictures for actually holloween!

 
At October 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE THIS. such a great idea

 
At October 31, 2012 at 5:35 PM , Blogger The Egg said...

oh my MONKEYS!
this is the cutest mom/babe outfit ever

xo the egg out west.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home