<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : SeaWorld

9.17.2012

SeaWorld


Luke and I shared a particularly special moment together over the weekend... We both saw our first dolphin at SeaWorld!

This may not strike the excitement nerve in you, but my love for dolphins began as a 2nd grader creating my first research project. I made one of those nifty shadow boxes to demonstrate a dolphin habitat. Using an old shoe box, I worked like a busy bee to perfect my dolphin world. Blue, sparkly Crest toothpaste acted as the ocean. Neon colored rocks and plastic Barbie bushes stood as a coral reef. And then there was my prized foam dolphin collection. My beautiful shadow box and glossy pictures in children's books were the closest I had ever been to seeing my favorite animal. 

Until last week.

They are even more cute and playful in person! One even smiled for the camera! Now that's what I call the world's coolest animal.

Luke loved the aquariums and watching the colorful fish whirl around in the water and we decided to save the Shamu show for next visit. 

Until then!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At September 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

how lovely--i have never seen a dolphin but i imagine them to be so clever and friendly--and as if they smile for photos, not all humans do that :)

 
At September 17, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados and the Bay said...

ahhh I am OBSESSED with Sea World. Nadav and I go once or twice a week to play with the dolphins! We go so often that some of them recognize us, swim up to us, and play with us/let us pet them.

Aren't they amazing!? I'm pretty sure that the name of the dolphin in your first picture is Stymie. ;)

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kira said...

Did Luke pay much attention to the animals? I have taken my daughter (who is 11 months) to the zoo a couple of times and she doesn't seem too impressed by the big animals yet.

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger ZADIN said...

This such a cool experience for both you an your son. The aquarium look mesmerizing.

www.zadinblog.com

 
At September 17, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What fun! I love SeaWorld. Great pictures and what precious memories.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

 
At September 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh my gosh, SO cute! I love going to places like this! Dolphins are so beautiful.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At September 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Magz and Mez said...

too cute! dolphins are so beautiful!

http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home