<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Fashion Theory

9.14.2012

Fashion Theory

Blouse: Vintage. Sweater: LOFT. Pants: Some store in Spain. Flats: Romwe. Earrings: Vintage.

A wave of nostalgia swept over me when I put together this outfit. The earrings belonged to my grandma, Nellie, meaning they are vintage in the most beautiful form.

Some people may feel that clothing is simply for the purpose of covering the body, so it doesn't really matter what how they dress. I can understand the simplicity in that approach to fashion and clothing, but for me "fashion" and "style" move beyond the surface level. The way we go about dressing ourselves can reflect pieces of our personality.

Every time I clip on my grandma's earrings, I am reminded of her crisp, subtle, and timeless fashion sense. She never lived extravagantly, but always approached life in a simple and minimalist way, which showed her good taste and class. This translated to her style, and the result was always a well-kept women with the perfect touch of chic.

I examine my own style and can't say that I fit into a specific classification. I consider myself to have a free sense of style, meaning one day I girl it up with color, flowers, glitter, lace and bows, and the next I go for monochromatic, sleek, and geometric with a side of spikes that could puncture a hole in your body. I wear what I like. If you know me, this is very much my personality. I am the free spirit type (although I've toned it down a bit), and can be a little extreme at times. I also love art and the creative, so clothing is just another way for me to express my love for the two.

What is your fashion type and how does it relate to your personality? Let's get some Freudian and Jung's theory moving in this discussion. We can start a new wave of fashion psychoanalysis.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At September 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Rachael said...

Wowza, love the pumps which an the perfect electric pop of colour.Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At September 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Marlen said...

This was such a sweet post, she has really good taste judging by those earrings. When I look at pictures of my mom when she was my age, our styles are almost carbon copies of each other. She was into bright colors and patterns on patterns, which is exactly what i gravitate towards. I think my style is mostly vintage- i love the lengths and shapes of the 50s.

 
At September 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Elisha said...

Your topknot is PERFECT. Not a hair out of place.. I can never get mine like that!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

those earrings are amazing. i love this outfit but it is making me overheat just looking at it. why is it over 100 in san diego right now?!!

 
At September 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

That is so beautiful. Those earrings are gorgeous, and they are made more beautiful because of what they mean to you.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At September 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Darianne said...

You are gorgeous dear! I love how bright your flats are! xx

 
At September 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Hanna Lei said...

I love the shoes! SO bright. http://www.hannamarielei.com/

 
At September 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

I love that polka dot top and the earrings are beautiful...you're Grandma definitely had great style :)
Modern Modest Beauty

 
At September 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Anna Käyhkö said...

cute outfit ! : )

lauantaimurhetytto.blogspot.com

 
At September 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Caity H said...

Love the shoes!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM , Blogger James(and)AnneMarie said...

wow! nice pop of colour! and i love your makeup. x

annem
http://lovelyunnecessities.blogspot.ca/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home