<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

1.03.2012

A Random Thing Or Two-sday


Scenes from our lovely hike at the State Park.

1) Mister Matt and I just discovered a national state park, which is literally 5 minutes from our house. It's a beautiful, peaceful place tucked in the middle of all this big city, metropolis nonsense.  This is how I feel when I am there, flailing arms and all, making it my new favorite place to spend the weekends (not to mention that hiking will hopefully kick-start me into labor soon).

2) Speaking of being with child, I have concluded that being 37 weeks pregnant and having a cold is a conflict of interest. Perpetual sneezing and loss of bladder control is never a good mix...I know from experience.

2) How many of you think the world is going to end December 21st, 2012? I think it's a bunch of malarkey. Btw, malarkey is a real read according to Merriam-Webster. It's first known usage was in 1929.

3) Some old guy at the crosswalk this morning obviously thought that as soon as he pressed that magic crosswalk button it meant he could start walking. No sir, that is you asking to be hit by a car. I can't and won't stop in the intersection as it is turning yellow. He clearly didn't pass his written test, or else he wouldn't be jaywalking.

4) Random fact:
Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off (source). The moral of this story means we should all eat more chocolate and kiss more. Yet another thing I would implement if I were President -- tax breaks for those who consume mass amounts of chocolate and kiss often, all while doing it on their 3 day weekends.

A few matters of business to attend to that I want to make you all aware of...

a) The $25 Anthropologie gift card giveaway runs until Monday, January 9th! Skip on over here to enter

b) I am running 15% off your entire purchase at my shop Sprightly So! Use the code "GRANDOPEN1" during checkout. I will be posting some must-have accessories in the next couple of days, so be on the look-out!

c) With 2012 finally here, I have implemented some new things into my blog career. I am now offering sponsorships! Don't fret, there are multiple FREE options, and a feature package for a smokin' deal. Click here if you want to sponsor Along Abbey Road!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

this is funny ... 1) yay you for hiding while mega prego 2) love the 3 day wknd-chocolate-kissing-presidential plan 3)ppl don't get crosswalks/they tryin to die .... love the shots with your new cameraaaaaa!!!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM , Blogger SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

*hiking, not hiding ... lol

 
At January 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger wjmom said...

Abbey for President!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

that does look like a gorgeous park, and i hope you get over your cold soon!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At January 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold! Eesh!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At January 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Love this post. Don't worry about peeing your pants. Happened to me all the time too. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home