<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : From Me To You

12.23.2011

From Me To You

 


Cardi: LOFT. Shirt: Fred Meyer. Scarf: LOFT. Belt: LOFT. Leggings: LOFT. Boots: thrifted via Buffalo Exchange. Glasses: vintage. Earrings: F21. Guard Dog Max: adopted.

I'm a big snoop. I openly admit it. Good thing I live in a time where Facebook, Twitter, and blogging dominate the world. 

It's a snooper's paradise. 

I get to see into the personal space of others. Most times I live vicariously through the charming lives of my peers, via blogs and such, and occasionally I feel sorry for some people (generally via Facebook... living the high school dream is only cool when in high school, not 1, 2, or even 6 years later).

All this being said, there are times I am still left wanting more, wanting to know random facts about my favorite bloggers. If you haven't noticed, I love random things. I think they make life a little more interesting and spicy.

To satiate my own desires to know more about people I admire and follow, I have compiled and completed my own questionnaire. It's chuck-full of randomness and the personal tid-bits you don't generally hear about, yet it's the stuff everyday is made of. Like an episode of Seinfeld. Nothing particularly poignant or stirring, just typical and looking at things in a straightforward way (and hopefully with a sense of humor).

Are you messy, meticulously clean, or neither?
I fall in the middle category. My house is usually tidy, but not sparkling clean 24/7. I hate clutter everywhere, and we live in an apartment, so that happens rather quickly.

How old are you?
I am the ripe age of 23!

Do you always get ready everyday or is it more for the camera?
Yes, I get ready everyday and my outfit posts are things that I actually wear that day. Unless I'm feeling under the weather and then I just lounge around in sweats and over-sized tees.

How tall are you?
I measure at 5'2"... you could say I'm a bit on the shrimpy side!

And your husband? And what is his full name and age?
The Mister is 5'10". His real name is Matthew, but he goes by Matt or Rod. He is 26.

What is your church calling (there are lots of LDS aka Mormon bloggers, myself included)?
Matt and I are nursery leaders, even though I don't go anymore because I don't want to get sick and am about to pop. For those of you who are wondering what the crap I'm talking about, we have positions of service known as "callings" in our church. It's a way to contribute and serve in the church because there are not any paid positions. It's all "lay ministery" work and it's all volunteer based.

How often do you go shopping?
I buy at least one or two new things per month. It's usually a sale shirt or an accessory.

How much money per month do you spend on clothes? No lying or understating.
Generally I spend about $25 a month on clothes and accessories. I refuse paying full price for anything and shop mostly in the sale section, but I will occasionally splurge on a pair of shoes or something fancy--about every 3 months or so.

Where did you grow up?
I was born in Utah, but raised in the Pacific Northwest in University Place, Washington. I moved away when I was 18 and met Matt a couple of years later in Utah.

How many siblings do you have?
I am the youngest of 8! My oldest sibling is 19 years older than me. That makes my parents 65, almost 66 years old. When I was little I used to get mad and cry every time someone assumed my mom was my grandma, which was like 80% of the time. 

How long have you been married?
Matt and I have been married for 2 years and 7 months. We dated for one year before getting married. In Mormon culture, that's like a decade.

Do you have a college degree?
I'm one semester short from my Associate's, and I want to be an RN when I grow up. It took me forever to finish my prereqs because I have always had to work full-time since I left home and put myself through school. Those dreams have been put on hold however, since I am trading in my professional work place boots for mommy boots.

What is your job/career?
I worked as a Co-Manager at LOFT (which explains why everything I own is from there), but like I said, I am now prepping to be a mama bear.

What is your husband's job/career?
Matt is a pharmaceutical sales rep. He sells drugs for people with gout. Yeah, don't worry, I didn't know what gout was either until he started his job. It's a pretty sweet gig. He doesn't have to work from an office and the hours are fantastic. That means more time for us to hang out and do cool stuff.

Where do you live?
We live in Chino Hills, CA. It's about 40 minutes away from the beach and 45 minutes from downtown LA. Quite a fab location if you ask me.

Who is the Kramer in your life?
My friends would probably agree that I am the most like Kramer, or used to be anyway (I suppose I've matured a little). I am the one who randomly does crazy things all the time, that are generally unpredictable, yet unsurprising to all who know me when I do them. That, and I'm really good at raiding people's refrigerators. And I may or may not have a reverse peep-hole on my front door.

I encourage you, my fellow bloggy friends, to fill out this questionnaire or your own, so we can all be snoopy together and get to know each other a little better!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At December 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Whitney said...

I love all of your little random facts! I am the 2nd oldest in my family and have a little brother that is 19 years younger than me :) We are on opposite ends of the spectrum. And my husband is in medical sales, I love him not having to work out of an office and create his own schedule too! And you look adorable pregnant, I love your glasses!

xoxo
Whitney

 
At December 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

love the random facts, i feel the same way i'm a snooper and love knowing random facts about people. great outfit love the glasses!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At December 23, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

Loved reading this, because.... I'm a snoop, too.
My hubs lived in Chino Hills for a few years! Small world. It's a really pretty area.. but there's not much in SoCal that isn't, right?!

 
At December 23, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Melu103 said...

niceeeeeee :)
i had fun getting to know you a little better!

your make up looks amazing here!


feliz navidad ♥



xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At December 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love little random facts about people too, this was fabulous, I thought it was funny when you said "in Mormon culture thats like a decade" :)

 
At December 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I always love reading random things about people! I don't know why! :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At December 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

Love your glasses! :) You look great!

xxx

 
At January 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Erin said...

So fun! I'm the same way: my oldest sister is 22 years older and my mom is 66. I went through phases of loving/hating it, and honestly (at 19) am trying to make the transition to adult baby sister. It's fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home