<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Geography Issues And Other Disasters

12.22.2011

Geography Issues And Other Disasters


Striped tee: LOFT. Cardi: LOFT. Belt: LOFT. Beloved maternity pants: Target. Shoes: Target. Earrings: F21.
In my last post I mentioned how much I love maternity pants. Well, here they are in all their maternal glory. Not so bad, right? They are a little baggy through the hips, but that just leaves more comfy wiggle room for moi.

In other news, I suck at United States geography. I realized this when The Mister and I had a contest to see who could draw the best and most accurate map of the United States.

He missed something like 4 states. I missed about 15, maybe even 20. We scanned the pictures onto the computer, but I am too embarrassed to put it out there for the world to see.

Pathetic, I know. I'm hoping I get one of those cool U.S. map puzzles in my stocking. Not even kidding right now. That, and I clearly need to go back to the third grade. Maybe I could even engage in a little game of dodge ball like in Billy Madison, which reminds me of a story you all need to know. Here it goes...

An anonymous acquaintance of mine used to work at the YMCA. They worked for an after-school type program with little elementary kids.

One day a vigorous game of dodge ball commenced. For those of you who have seen Billy Madison, what happens to mouthy kids who talk smack during the game?

They get dominated.

This anonymous person claims they were being "ganged up" on by a group of 8 and 9 year-olds. I suppose the natural response to that was laying bombs on them until they were all tagged out, left crying, and possibly missing some teeth.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At December 22, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh, US geography.

when i studied abroad last summer, we had to memorize the map of the EU with capitals and everything.

i suddenly realized, not only do i know nothing about europe, but i know even less about my own country.

US PUZZLE MAPS FOR ALL! :)

 
At December 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Alyx said...

Haha, it's okay. I'm originally from Kansas, and I had no idea where Iowa was until I moved up to Nebraska (the state above Kansas and to the left of Iowa if you're as geographically challenged as I am and didn't know that), and had lived there for a couple of years.
One of my roommates said she was going to Iowa for the weekend, and I was like, whoa... isn't that 12 hours away? She just looked at me like I was retarded and goes... "uh, no. It's like, 2.5 hours away."
Nice.

 
At December 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hilarious post! and you look super adorable!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At December 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

you look adorable love the red lipstick on you! and funny story i have always avoided playing dodge ball from elementary school til high school so scared to get hit in the face!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At December 22, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Melu103 said...

i probably would suck too!
i don't remember anything frm US history class
haha .. so high five .. you are not alone!


xoxo
Melina ♥
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At December 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Geography is not my strong suit either! Love those maternity pants ;)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At December 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Veronica P. said...

just : beautiful!

 
At December 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

You look SO lovely.

 
At December 23, 2011 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Lischen said...

You look amazing! I love your hair!!

xxx

 
At December 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

Aw, you look adorable! Just found your blog and had to stop and say congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home