<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Funny Stuff

12.06.2011

Funny Stuff


Baby name picking can be a challenge. 

It's what your child will be identified by for the rest of their life. I for one prefer solid, classic names. However, they can't be too boring or ordinary, because that is not any fun at all and they will have the same name as millions of other people in the world.

I get the whole "I want my kid to stand out and feel like a unique individual" approach as well, but sometimes I think people try wayyyyy too hard in an effort to be original. For example, I was reading a baby name list a few months ago titled, "Unique Names". The lineup included names such as Wethrleah (no, that's not a typo), Braceletto, Westcot, Satchel, and Fairen to name a few. Let's also note these were listed as popular, unique names in the United States. Maybe you like them, but I just think they are ghastly.

 Poor kindergarten teachers. I empathize with you in your attempts to spell your students' names correctly. And for all of those kids with fantasyland names who will one day hope for people to take them seriously when they pass along their business cards.

Anywho, my point in all of this is actually to share the worst name I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. It's so terrible it's funny.

Ready? Drumroll please...

Facebook.

Yes. You read that correctly. Some Egyptian dude named his daughter Facebook, as it was a key instrument used by activists in helping to liberate the people.

True story, people.

And that is all I have to share today. Have a good one!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At December 6, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Alyx said...

Dude. I heard about that! I couldn't believe it! I have a friend who is dead set on naming her child Narnia. Not even kidding. I'm hoping her husband will not allow it... or that by the time she's actually preggers, she will realize that it is ridiculous. :)

 
At December 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Satchel? really? I mean, i love handbags and all... but I could never.

 
At December 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Courtney B said...

Break my heart.... that poor little girl!
My kids are having normal, classic names. My husband would never allow a crazy name that he can't even spell. Because we all know these "different" names have crazy spellings :)

 
At December 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

hey love. Satchel? Seriously. I can't. lol. thanks for sharing. I hope you've been fabulous. if you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report and enter my giveaway. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 
At December 7, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Melu103 said...

What are they thinking?
FACEBOOK?
Really? Wow ..

people this days!
i can't wait to see what name you picked out
planning on putting a middle name?




xoxo
♥ melina
www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

 
At December 8, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

WOW! That is absolutely crazy!! I can't wait to hear what name you've picked out though! :]

 
At December 11, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Tales of a Young Housewife said...

Omgsh Facebook LOL! Too funny. Baby naming is SUPER hard, I feel you on that girl. BTW, recently found your blog & love it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home