<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Yucky Yuck

10.18.2011

Yucky Yuck

Glucose tolerance testing should fall into the category of torture. This routine pregnancy test determines the presence of gestational diabetes. 

First, you have to fast for at least 12 hours. The fasting alone makes me feel icky. 

Second, you have to drink a little 8 oz. bottle of sugar-water that contains 75 grams of sugar. Let me reiterate that...
75 grams of sugar!
I'm pretty sure that amount of sugar consumed in 5 minutes alone can give you diabetes. Or at least that is how I felt. I for sure thought I was going to puke.

Lastly, you have to wait around for 2 hours and get your blood drawn each hour. The loss of blood, mixed with the lack of food and extreme sugar-high is just a terrible combination.

Basically, this is how I feel right now...


Lovely self portrait, isn't it? Ha. 

Sorry for the pessimism, but I am just warning all of you that haven't experienced the crappy parts of pregnancy. I feel it's my duty to tell you the things nobody else will! You will thank me one day :)

On a very positive note, I'm off to a heavenly looking grilled cheese sandwich and a glorious nap.

Have a wonderful day!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At October 18, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! :(

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At October 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ugh! i hated the gluclose test. i failed the first and had to do the 3 hour test...no bueno!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At October 18, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

Definitely a lovely self-portrait ;)
So glad you found my blog so I could find yours! You're beautiful!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Emma Frances said...

Haha. I definitely didn't know about this! It does not sound fun. And I love your self portrait. Cracks me up! Do you have to do this again during the pregnancy at all?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home