<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Mission Accomplished

7.15.2011

Mission Accomplished


I admit that yesterday's post fell into the category of a teeny-bop, Twilight-crazed Edward Cullen fan, but I was on a whim and had to express my excitement somehow! Let me just tell you that it progressed throughout the day.

We arrived at the UCLA campus where Real Madrid was practicing, which is beautiful by the way! We thought we were late, but then found out practice was an hour longer than expected. This led to us waiting forever and still getting stuck on the other side of the gate where they were to exit.

Finally, the team came out! People screaming everywhere, waving jerseys and banners all around!


We missed Sergio the first time around, so we starting running like crazy people down the sidewalk where his cart was driving.


He stopped again about mid-length to the locker room to sign some jerseys and pictures. We thought for sure we were going to get him here. I mean, after all I did have a jersey! That is worth stopping for to support a fan, don't you think?


But no, he hopped back in cart. However, at this precise time we had a moment. I yelled, "SERGIO!" and pointed at my jersey with a desperate, puppy dog face. He looked straight at me, smiled, pointed at me and said, "Later!"


How could I be upset with that answer? I mean just look at my starstruck face! Matt and I just knew it was going to happen. We waited for another 45 minutes and strategized our signing location. I finally relented to going on the opposite side of all the screaming girls, as Matt suggested, because according to his rationale, "There was no way I was ever going to get an autograph with a ton of screaming people in front of me! I had to be secluded!"

Then came the moment of truth...


We decided to stand opposite the girls around the same location Sergio had promised me his autograph. He was about to keep going, but I was shouting his name like it was going to save my life and smiling my cutest, sweetest smile. He halted his driver and ran out shouting, "quickly, quickly!" so he wouldn't get mobbed.


With my face beaming with a side-to-side grin, I told him "gracias" as he got back on his cart. He turned and smiled at me again with a "de nada" in reply. He also shook Matt's hand, which made him super happy.

Matt, you were right (you should probably print this so you have proof I admitted you were right for once)!

Sergio, you are a man of your word, which makes you all the more awesome in my book.

The rest of the night was spent in utter bliss, as we strolled along Hollywood Blvd admiring all the sites and Harry Potter fans at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.


 Sweater: H&M. Blouse: F21. Belt: LOFT. Skinnies: Paige denim. Boots: NYLA. Tote: LOFT.


Thanks for sharing my first celebrity meeting with me, and reading my mini novel. It is now forever documented as one of my favorite California moments.

TGIF, loves!

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At July 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Austrie said...

i freaking LOVE stories like this! i had a similar experience a couple times...with the jonas brothers but i never got quite as far as you did! lol, i'm totally jealous & i love that you got pictures of it all! especially him smiling at you as he drove away. Totally rad. haha Cute outfit too!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger A Fine Balance said...

Im in love with your tan coloured sweater!

 
At July 15, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Claire said...

Hi! I loooved your bloog! Thaaank you so much for the comment in my blog! I will definitely visit it daily!
Byeee, your bloggy friend

 
At July 15, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

I love your blog! :) I'm a new follower!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Blogger Lidiya said...

This post is super cool, you look fantastic and it sounds like so so much fun! :)
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

 
At July 16, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

Oh i love that!!!!! What a nice celeb!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Lou said...

Love this story, it is so great that you have the photos to go with your memories.

Thank you for your great comment you left on my blog. I will be taking your advice and hope to have long locks in no time.

http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

 
At July 17, 2011 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Kamilla said...

lovely pictures and adorable outfit (:



thewallsaroundus.blogspot.com

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Jéssica e Ana Paula said...

that's so cool! I'm a bit jealous haha
and thanks for following, we're following you too!
glad you like our blog. we might be putting a translator widget in our blog soon, then you can actually understand what is written there! :)

xx

http://chequematte.blogspot.com/

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Dana Fox said...

love this story! i'm glad he kept his word to you too! you looked so pretty!
xo dana
thewonderforest.com

 
At July 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Kelsey Cole said...

This story made me smile:) I love the part where Sergio smiled and pointed you out to say that he'd find you later to sign the jersey (how cute!) - i'd totally be star struck as well.
cute pictures!

-kelsey

 
At July 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Bionica said...

omg that was so cool
I would love to see Real Madrid practice =)
how very fun!!!
btw you look fab

-Bionica

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home