<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : All I've Got To Do

7.13.2011

All I've Got To Do


Last night I was pondering about all the great advice I have learned about blogging. Now, I'm in no way an expert, but I am happy with the way my blog is going thus far in its early life. Lately I've been a bit distracted with life, AKA getting used to the idea that I'm growing a baby, so the blog took a back seat for awhile. 

Well good news! I'm feeling better and I am ready to recommit to great blogging. 

I decided to start by giving my bloggy a little makeover. She looks grand!

So here is the advice I have compiled. I always love it when other bloggers share their tricks of the trade, as a lot of it helped me to get my blog going.

To Do & Not To Do:

  • Do visit other blogs and comment! It shows that you are amiable and it's the way to make bloggy friends and build a following!
  • Do not leave insincere comments. Everyone can see right through the ulterior motive and knows when you are doing so.
  • Do keep your blog clean and orderly. Looking at a bunch of stuff all over the page is tiring to the eyes. A fresh header and easy-to-navigate page is appreciated by your readers.
  • Do not, whatever you do, put music on your page. It's distracting and readers will just end up leaving to get rid of the music, no matter how great the tune is.
  • Do post high quality photos. The more professional looking the pictures, the more credible your blog is and people will love to see your new posts (this is something I can get better at, but first I need a new camera)!
  • Do not be a BB: Blog Brat, or whatever expletive you choose to insert. It doesn't matter if you have 5,000 followers or 5, it never gives you an excuse to be a diva. We are all here for the same purpose and have all started at the same place. What goes around comes around, so play nice!
  • Do put yourself out there and network as much as possible! Use other social media to promote your blog. Get creative about your marketing. There is no wrong way to do it!
Well little lovers, I hope I have inspired you even in the smallest way. 

Make it a great day! And for all you Dead Poets Society fans...


P.S. Since my blog theme is centered around The Beatles, from the main title to the titles of my gadgets and widgets, I thought it would be fun to add a link to the song whenever I use a song as a blog post title.  Today is the first day. Just click the post title and you can begin to rock out. Hope you enjoy becoming a die-hard Beatles enthusiast with me.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

1st: I LOVE the makeover. 2nd Great advice, I completely agree :)

 
At July 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks to stop by my blog and reconnect into the world of blogging! :)I'm sure you will be the greatest mother ever! I totally agree with you!
Let's start our friendship! New follower!

htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

 
At July 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Mrs. Skvortsov said...

I like the makeover. Been waiting for you to post more. Lol! I'm sure it takes a little to get used to the idea of being pregnant. Someday ill find out. :)

 
At July 13, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger What Sadie Did said...

Great tips - I had never heard of a BB and I agree about putting music on blogs - SO annoying when all of a sudden it bursts out of your laptop and gives you a fright!! ;)

Sadie x
http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

 
At July 14, 2011 at 1:23 AM , Blogger kmurphy said...

loves that your back! i love your blog abbey!! haha. you've been slackin girrll!!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM , Blogger kmurphy said...

I only laugh because I am not a big blogger but I totally stalk yours! ;)

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Shamsa said...

Hi Abey!! Thank you for such a wonderful comment on my blog!! It was much appreciated!! Your blog looks AWESOME and I love the header with the picture frames. It gives it a more personal look and GREAT tips for bloggers! Especially new ones like moi ;)

I am a follower as of nowww :)

XOX

 
At July 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Monica and Whitney said...

So true. No one likes a blog brat.

Ask the Duplex

 
At July 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

loved this post really helpful and truthful, definitely dislike when people have music it just interrupts the one i'm listening to and i still get excited when even one person follows always have even when it was 3 i was the happiest blogger in the world

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Andrea @ Strawberry Chic said...

Love your tips & they are all so true!

If I might add to the list... I like when blogs keep their posts fairly short and concise. It' no fun reading through a novel just to see what the post is about! (don't worry you don't do this :)

 
At July 15, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Claire said...

Hi agaiiin! I am really thankful for this post! It´s like what i have been looking for since i created mine! Byeee, and hoping to see your new posts!

Xoxo, Claire
www.claralatieneclara.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home