<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Random Thing Or Two-sday

9.09.2014

A Random Thing Or Two-sday







LOFT Oxford Shirt (similar)
Mossimo Ankle Pant in Atlantic Burgundy
ILY Couture Simple Bar Necklace c/o
H&M Handbag
Marc Fisher Leotie Sandals (similar)

1. These pants have the comfort of pajamas, the shaping power of Spanx, and a look that says "I'm a mature adult," although that last one might be a form of false advertising in my case ;)

2. Fact: My fly was unzipped for the first half of these photos, and Matt finally told me when we were almost done taking pictures. XYZ, guys, sorry. By the way, I searched the bowels of the internet for the etymology of "eXamine Your Zipper" to keep in tradition of giving a legit fact. I could not find anything other than some old dude's blog talking about how they used to say it in the 60's. Or I am simply a terrible Googler. There's a good chance it's the latter. I never make it past page two. I did however find what the "YKK" on zippers means, and it stands for "Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha," which is the world's leading zipper manufacturer (source).

3. I know I've written about this topic before, but I shared how I was able to let go of my fears of having a c-section over on What To Expect. If you are pregnant and going through a similar situation, hopefully it will be helpful and make a positive impact on your experience! (Hugs all around.)

4. Have you seen Barbie's Instagram? It. Is. In-credible. I am not exaggerating when I say it is now one of my top three favorite Instagram profiles. That girl's style is on point!

5. Would you rather have skin that permanently soaks in the scent of anything it touches, or skin that permanently soaks in the color of anything it touches? (Matt and I came up with this one together over a dinner of ribs, which was the inspiration behind it. Either one would be a lose-lose if you were to chow down on a fat stack of baby backs. You'd look like an eternal 6-month-old who manages to get their food everywhere except for their mouth, or you'd smell like a dirty, burnt sock that stepped squarely on a blob of BBQ sauce.) Choose wisely, friends.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At September 9, 2014 at 7:12 AM , Blogger The Style Storm said...

LOVE those pants! Gorgeous look!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

 
At September 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the whole outfit! The colors, the cuts, and the composition, so brilliant! And Barbie's instagram? So random, but also so great!! :D

 
At September 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Janelle said...

Umm, those pants are the best. If I wasn't pregnant right now I would probably be on my way to buy them! Also, thanks for the C-Section article! This is my second, but I'm still a little concerned about c-sections and all the other anxiety inducing parts of birth. I know it's all about what's best for you and baby and it doesn't matter too much how they come into the world... it's still overwhelming! It's nice to read someone else's experience with everything!

www.janelleinreallife.com

 
At September 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

How amazing are those pants? They look stunning!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At September 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

This outfit is perfection!!!! I need those pants!

 
At September 9, 2014 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look great - and totally following barbie on insta now :)

 
At September 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Anne Hill said...

well hello gorgeous! I'm not sure how I'm going to convince my husband I need another ruse, but this H&M bag is calling my name!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina! xo

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Her Instagram is THE best!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are so welcome for that post! I am glad it helped you. And yes, get yourself some of these pants either way — you can wear them after baby ;)

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Shannon! xo

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah you do, sis!

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Elisabeth! And you will love Barbie's insta :)

 
At September 15, 2014 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The fact that it's under $30 for a great handbag is reason enough! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home