<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : How To Tolerate Your Husband And Such Nonsense

7.29.2014

How To Tolerate Your Husband And Such Nonsense


"Matt, come on!" I hissed as we were beginning to weave our way through camping chairs and legs.

"I am not walking in front of everybody, especially with a DOUBLE STROLLER," he distinctly replied in husband-putting-his-foot-down voice.

Fine! I thought to myself. I commandeered our mammoth, child-toting vehicle, parked it by the nearest tree and stomped through the crowd of people to find the spot my sister-in-law had staked out for our night at the concert in the park. Luke and Wes were in their respective places -- Luke hand in hand on my right and Wes on my left hip. We swiftly sat down and cozied in for the most angsty, semi-depressive music in the world. (Think CW primetime, teen dramas, circa 1999 -- what up, Dawson's Creek?) But, Matt was nowhere in sight, and the concert was actually quite fitting for the minor spat Matt and I were engaged in. I think I may have laughed out loud at one point.


I was positive Matt would meander his way back to us within five minutes, but there was still no sign of him.

What the crap? Now I really was getting fumed, and the Dawson's Creek soundtrack bellowing in the background wasn't helping. In fact, it was like I was in my very own Dawson's Creek meets Parenthood meets Full House melodrama. (You know, babies and stuff.)



As fate would have it, my phone died as I went to send a ragey text message, and after ten minutes of going AWOL I was sure he had left us stranded. Stranded for dead in the middle of Midway at the Homestead, which is actually on my top three places I would love to be stranded. Forget about being angry, we're holing up at this resort and ordering steak for dinner every night!

Too bad my brain was preoccupied with being livid at Matt for ditching us to think of that genius plan. I was spitting mad, like Sharon McKendrick. Or is it Susan? I can never remember.

I digress.

(Hey, look! A cute baby contemplating the meaning of life to distract from the feelings of wrath!)

Eventually my sister-in-law and her darling sister (she is single and excellent wife material for all you gals out there with brothers and sons looking for a mate! Shelley, please don't kill me for writing this. I love you.) showed up and so did Matt after half an hour.

"Where have you been?! I thought you left us and I want to strangle you!"

"Haha, I was walking around the place checking out the resort. This place is pretty cool." 

Men. Always deploying the goldfish memory area of their brains in times of arguments with the missus.

I started to laugh and envisioned myself putting Matt in a headlock and giving him a noogie, but decided putting that thought into action probably wouldn't be the best choice since we were the only people there under the age of 50. 

That is what I love about our relationship. Matt and I somehow always end up laughing off our disputes. I guess the key to tolerating your significant other is never taking all of the silly stuff too seriously. Turns out it may even be the key to making you fall more wildly in love. (Although sometimes a noogie is called for to keep a husband in line.)


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At July 29, 2014 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE SHELLBELL! She is totally excellent wife material! And this post is so very true- good humor is the key to everything.

 
At July 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM , Blogger The Elperins said...

can you tell me where that really cute floral top/dress is from? :)

 
At July 29, 2014 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Anne Hill said...

ha! too funny! Your description of the music is cracking me up too

 
At July 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

haha! so cute!

www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

 
At July 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Shelley Mae said...

Abbey, I am honored!! (And hopefully this will lead to great things :) You rock.

 
At July 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shelley really is THE best!

 
At July 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes! It is from Forever 21, and I got it about 2 months ago. Not sure if it still available though :/

 
At July 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It was... entertaining ;)

 
At July 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope! ;) xo!

 
At July 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Rhi!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home