<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : A Date Night With My Boys

7.14.2014

A Date Night With My Boys


This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and BJ’s Restaurants, but all my opinions are my own. #DineInOrderAhead #pmedia http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Over the weekend my handsome brood of boys took this lady out on a date! We hit up our local BJ's Restaurant, because, PIZOOKIES. I sincerely mean this when I say it would be on the menu if I could only eat one more meal in this lifetime. So good. Also, when you've recently moved and are planning to be out of town for weeks, the stocked pantry situation can look rather bleak. Dining out is usually the best option, so dine out we did!

BJ's Restaurant has created a genius new app called Dine In Order Ahead, which made the night even more breezy. I was able to pick our restaurant location and order our entire meal earlier in the afternoon with my phone from the comfort of our bed (sidenote: we got new bedding with the move, and there are few greater things than new bedding AND Pizookies, wouldn't you agree?), and then paid with my phone using the Mobile Pay feature. I really liked it with the kids because as soon as we checked in, they started making our food and it came out just moments after we sat down. There were no meltdowns, and the Pizookie was within our grasp that much sooner. (Fist pump!)


My only complaint about the app is that it was a little slow at the beginning and crashed a couple of times, but hey, that's technology. Also, we didn't really interact with the server a whole lot since they basically only brought out our orders which they didn't have to take down or memorize, so there was that. That can be a good or bad thing depending on the level of social interaction you like, and opens up the discussion of 'did they or didn't they really earn their tip?' (That dinner conversation can go one of two ways, so try not to let it turn into a heated political debate, unless you're into that sort of thing.) Overall, I give it two thumbs up, and will absolutely be using it every time we go now. (And I hope other restaurants will follow suit — with little ones, I'm all about convenience, friends.) You can download the iPhone version here and the Android version here.

Pasta, pizza, and burgers were on the menu. We like carbs, what can I say?

And we saved the best for last, of course! Dunt-duh-duh-dahhh! This here's the chocolate chunk, triple chocolate and peanut butter Pizookie trio.

Thanks for showing me a good time, Rodriguez boys. I am a lucky gal :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At July 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the concept. I haven't heard of anything like that here in Vancouver, but then again we hardly go out anymore. *le sigh* But, it's actually kind of okay, because I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of going out to eat with a toddler/preschooler. At least mine refuses to sit still as she wants to tour the restaurant and mooch off of other diners, lol.

I'm glad you had a good time :) That food looked dee-lish!

 
At July 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Jessica Holly said...

um OK. I haven't had a pazookie in forever! Now I need one.

 
At July 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

looks like so much fun - and those pazookies....yum!

 
At July 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am not really a fan going out with a toddler either, and this really is THE best concept! I hoe it spreads your way up there!

 
At July 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes you do! Feed that bebe!

 
At July 22, 2014 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Elisabeth! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home