<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Happy 2nd Birthday, Luke!

1.14.2014

Happy 2nd Birthday, Luke!


The floor is covered in leftover crumbs from vanilla cupcakes, fragments of ripped wrapping paper are wedged into the rug, more toys with wheels scatter the floor, and our home is brimming with a vibrant love that only a 2-year old can bring.

As I look back and compare these newborn, 1-year old, and 2-year old photos, I can't help but choke up a little. I can't believe my baby Nugget is two. TWO! Where did the time sneak away to? 

Luke, you bring me such an incredible amount of joy that sometimes I feel as if my heart wants to jump out of my body, do a happy dance and then explode into a million, tiny pieces all over the place. You really are my heart running around outside my body, giggling and asking for a "nack" from anyone who is over 4'10" and will listen. 

As I tucked you into bed tonight at the end of your birthday, tired from cleaning and doing the routine, mundane chores, I glanced around and breathed in my surroundings, feeling such a profound sense of pride as your mother. Proud of this cozy, authentic environment that is unique to our family. Many times in the past year I caught the blues and wondered if I was contributing anything to the world, feeling like there was a huge hole in my identity because I'm not out receiving graduate degrees, searching for a cure for something, or creating beautiful works of art. But all of that seamlessly melted away tonight as I watched you crawl under your checkered quilt and cuddle in with your toy bus. And I 100% realized that what I am doing is better than any of that. I created life in you and generate a distinctive, one-of-a-kind existence every day I wake up with you boys. There is absolutely nothing more noble than this life as a mama to you and your brother, and I firmly believe know that with every fiber of my soul. Thank you for enriching my life so abundantly, Lukey. You are what this whole thing is all about.

Happy Birthday, my sweet boy. May year two be the grandest one yet. 

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

two already!! happy birthday luke. i remember when he was born and it was so exciting...how time flies :)

ps love this post

 
At January 15, 2014 at 6:57 AM , Blogger Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Happy TWO little man.
You bring such joy to your family!

 
At January 15, 2014 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Brady and Brittany said...

Feels like you just announced you were pregnant to Brady and I with that little note in your mom's bathroom!! Can't believe baby Luke is 2 already! Loved that last paragraph...feels so right!

 
At January 15, 2014 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Bekka said...

This is so beautiful. Luke is lucky to have such a wonderful, caring mama. It's hard work being a mama. Nothing humbles me more or challenges me more, but I happen to think you're doing an amazing job. Keep it up. Happy birthday to sweet Luke!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home