<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : An Evening Gown: Dressed Up And Dressed Down

8.29.2012

An Evening Gown: Dressed Up And Dressed Down


Evening look | Dress. Clutch. Heels. Earrings.
Daytime look | Dress. Jacket. Scarf. Bag. Platforms.

Finding modest evening wear is probably harder than finding a drop in the sea. Let me rephrase that: finding on-trend, modest evening wear. 

Matt and I attended a gala for his graduation from grad school a couple years back, and I could not for the life of me find anything appropriate to wear. It either had one too many rhinestones on it, or was dangerously close to showing my boohiney. Not my thang. I know, why do I care since it was years ago? Well, about 3 days ago I perused volunteer opportunities and saw they were accepting volunteers at a gala for a local charity event. This led me to think, "what the crap would I wear?"

Other events requiring a gown could be corporate work parties, formal night on a cruise, or if you are lucky, attending the Met or an award ceremony of some sort. You never know when you are going to need that dress.

Enter the LBD of evening gowns (or in the case it stands for Long Black Dress). It is beautiful. The best part? This beauty can be dressed up for a formal night out, or played down with a casual jacket and accessories. 

For those of you that rock the short, little numbers, there are some gorgeous feather-adorned dresses, girly-girl lace gowns, and any type of formal gear you could imagine. They even have designer homecoming dresses which would be phenomenal for those upcoming high school dances for your daughters! Better start preparing now, moms; it will be here before you know it!

Hey, do you hear that? If I'm not mistaken, the sea is calling. It wants me to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Don't mind if I do! And I'm taking my LBD with me ;)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE that dress!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At August 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM , Blogger the creation of beauty is art. said...

I love that jacket with that dress - what a creative way to dress it down!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At August 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Magz and Mez said...

It is a cute dress!

http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

 
At August 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

such a gorgeous dress love how you would style it!

City Style

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home