<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alongabbeyroad.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Along Abbey Road | A Lifestyle And Family Blog : Top 10 Picture Books

8.30.2012

Top 10 Picture Books

1. Corduroy by Dan Freeman.
2. Science Verse by Jon Scieszka
3. The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
4. Curious George by H.A. Rey
5. Squids Will Be Squids by Jon Scieszka
6. On The Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
7. Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
8. Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner
9. All Tutus Should Be Pink by Sherri Brownrigg
10. If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff

Around these parts, we like to bury our nose in a book or two. These are our top 10 picture book picks. They are not ranked in any particular order, and I have to admit that many come from my childhood days of reigning best picture books. Half of them are pure wit and humor, but they teach fundamental life lessons too. My personal favorite? Science Verse. We all know Jon Scieszka from his best-seller, The Stink Cheese Man, but his genius definitely didn't stop there! Here is a poem from Science Verse to start out your day, titled "Amoeba":

Don't ever tease a wee amoeba
By calling him a her amoeba.
And don't call her a him amoeba.
Or never he a she amoeba.
'Cause whether his or hers amoeba,
They too feel like you and meba.

Off to the library we go!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 30, 2012 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE this list, so many great books!
www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

 
At August 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

lots of great books and some i have never heard of.

can't wait to start building up our baby's library--we already have the hungry caterpillar and a few winnie the pooh books but there are so many good ones left to get :)

 
At August 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Chezka Cenon Li said...

Awww these are such sweet books for kids or kids at heart :) I haven't read some of methemoglobin but I will definitely check them out for my little sis!
-Che

style-che.blogspot.com

 
At August 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Jenn @ What You Make It said...

I love kids' books! Skippyjon Jones and the "If you give a" books are my favorite!

 
At August 31, 2012 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I totally read all tutus should be pink as a kid, and I looked like the brunette girl on the cover when I was little so I would pretend it was me when my mom and I read it.

I also loved rainbow fish A LOT.

<3 Daryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home